Carmella Princiotta from Belmonte Calabro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ausmos4999

Carmella Princiotta from Belmonte Calabro

Post by ausmos4999 »

I am looking for any information anyone might have about a Carmella Princiotta. She lived in Belmonte Calabro. I think she died in the 1940's. She was probably born around the 1890's. She married twice. Once with a man who's last name was Giardino, whom she had 3 children (Angela, Giovanni, and Michele). Her second husband was Saverio Pulice, whom she had 1 child (Fiorina). Her second husband, Saverio, came to the United States, but Carmella stayed behind in Italy.

I cannot find any information about Carmella. I would like to at least find her birth and death dates, along with her parents' and/or siblings names. I have looked everywhere on ancestry.com, but could not find anything there. If anyone has any other ideas of where to look, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Carmella Princiotta from Belmonte Calabro

Post by erudita74 »

ausmos4999 wrote:I am looking for any information anyone might have about a Carmella Princiotta. She lived in Belmonte Calabro. I think she died in the 1940's. She was probably born around the 1890's. She married twice. Once with a man who's last name was Giardino, whom she had 3 children (Angela, Giovanni, and Michele). Her second husband was Saverio Pulice, whom she had 1 child (Fiorina). Her second husband, Saverio, came to the United States, but Carmella stayed behind in Italy.

I cannot find any information about Carmella. I would like to at least find her birth and death dates, along with her parents' and/or siblings names. I have looked everywhere on ancestry.com, but could not find anything there. If anyone has any other ideas of where to look, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

There are some online records for the town available at familysearch.org

Italy, Cosenza, Paola, Ci...on (Tribunale), 1866-1910
Cosenza
Belmonte Calabro

Record Type and Year

Morti 1876-1910 Cittadinanze 1866-1910
Nati 1866-1895
Nati 1896-1910 Indici decennali (nati) 1876-1885, 1886-1895 Pubblicazioni 1867-1885
Pubblicazioni 1885-1891, 1904 Matrimoni 1867-1910 Morti 1867-1875

Erudita
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hi welcome to IG website
Since she stayed in Italy I trying to work my way back

Fiorina M. Pulice, "Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-1994"

Name: Frank A. Moscato
Titles and Terms:
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 28 Oct 1950
Event Place: Jefferson, Ohio, United States
Event Place (Original):
Birth Year (Estimated): 1927
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Father's Name: Tony Moscato
Father's Titles and Terms:
Mother's Name: Angelina Lacorte
Mother's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Name: Fiorina M. Pulice
Spouse's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Age: 21
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1929
Spouse's Birthplace:
Spouse's Father's Name: Sam Pulice
Spouse's Father's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Mother's Name: Carmella Pringiota ( Princiotta)
Spouse's Mother's Titles and Terms:

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name:Saverio Pulici
Arrival Date:30 Nov 1928
Birth Date:abt 1894
Birth Location:Italy
Birth Location Other:Belmonte Calabro
Ethnicity/ Nationality:Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure:Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival:New York, New York
Ship Name:Conte Biancamano

POSSIBLE BIRTH RECORD OF Saverio Pulice
INDEX#25
1895 Feb 18th in the town of Belmonte Calabro birth of Saverio Pulice
son of Carmine Pulice age 40 farmhand and Angela Veltri

PG LINK FOR RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2136199251

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I just went through birth indices for Belmonte Calabro from 1889 to 1893 and there is no one with her surname listed in any of those indices. I have a feeling she was born somewhere else.

Erudita
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I don't think Carmela was born in Belmonte Calabro I went through the Belmonte Calabro birth indexed 1892 -1900 didn't see the surname Princiotta listed
What I would do is see if Saverio Pulice and Carmela Princiotta were married there that would get you her birth town and parents names write for the marriage record Since the daughter was born in 1929

Comune di Belmonte Calabro
Viale Michele Bianchi, 7
87033 Belmonte Calabro CS
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta fotocopie integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di Saverio Pulice e Carmella Princiotta

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Belmonte Calabro Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito:Saverio Pulice
Nome e cognome della moglie:Carmella Princiotta
Luogo di matrimonio:Belmonte Calabro
Data di matrimonio: 1923-1929
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Was Carmela's first husband name Vincenzo Giardino this shipmanifest says Vincenzo left Carmela in Belmonte Calabro going to Pittsburg to meet his father inlaw Michele Princiotta I think Carmela was born in Cefalà Diana
PG #1 Line #9
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0009

PG#2 Line #2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0009

Michele Princiotta age 40 (BORN 1870) shipmanifest Line 16 born in Cefalà Diana
PG#1 LINE#16
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016
PG#2 LINE #16
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016

Marty

Marty
ausmos4999

Post by ausmos4999 »

Thank you everyone for all your help. I will show this information to my uncles, who are Carmella's grandchildren, to see if they know whether Vincenzo Giardino was her first husband's name and share the other information you have provided.

We all know very little about Carmella because she died while my grandmother (her youngest child) was very young. my grandmother would get very upset when we would ask about her mother, so we never found much out about her. Hopefully, I can use this information to learn more about her.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I have had this record wanted to share it with you
Marriage record of Saverio Pulice and Carmela Princiotta
INDEX #26
1928 Sept 1st in the town of Belmonte Calabro appeared Saverio Pulice age 33 farmer born and resides in Belmonte Calabro son of deceased Carmine Pulice and Angela Veltri married to Carmela Princiotta age 32 farmer and widow born in Brolo and resides in Belmonte Calabro daughter of Michele Princiotta and Vincenza Patti they resided in Brolo
Witnesses were
Vincenzo Brusco son of Antonio
Antonio Veltri son of Giuseppe

CLICK FOR MARRIAGE ACT KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty

Marty