Colagero Gambino .. What's his mothers name?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
London82
Elite
Elite

Colagero Gambino .. What's his mothers name?

Post by London82 »

Colagero Gambino born June 15 1882 in Torano, Castello? Fathers name Pietro Gambino
Colagero married Rosario DiMaggio
London82
Elite
Elite

Re: Colagero Gambino .. What's his mothers name?

Post by London82 »

London82 wrote:Colagero Gambino born June 15 1882 in Torano, Castello? Fathers name Pietro Gambino
Rosario DiMaggio was born feb 28 1884 in Sicily, Carzetta?

Their first born child's name was Rosa Gambino born nov 8 1902
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

London82 wrote:Colagero Gambino born June 15 1882 in Torano, Castello? Fathers name Pietro Gambino
I think your Gambino family comes from the town of Torretta in the Palermo province
Birth of Rosa Dimaggio
INDEX#168
1884 Dec 18 in the town of Torretta birth of Rosa DiMaggio daughter of Nunzio DiMaggio age 26 farmer and Gaetana Gambino
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n121189701

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

Marty, can you find the marriage record for Colagero and Rosa DiMaggio?
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

Marty, that's not the right record for Rosario DiMaggio... Her mothers name was Maria cipriano her fathers name was Arcangelo DiMaggio
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How did you get the birthdate on ancestry tree of Rosaria of 1884?
INDEX #23
1881 Feb 28th in the town of of Torretta birth of Rosaria Maria DiMaggio daughter of Arcangelo DiMaggio age 29 farmer and Maria Cipriano
POSSIBLE BROTHER OF Calogero Gambino
INDEX#22
1881 Feb 28th in the town of of Torretta birth of Filippo Gambino son of Pietro Gambino age 40 and Francesca Dimaggio

They were both born on the same day whats the chances of that still looking for Calogero birth record

PG LINK

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
your Calogero Gambino ( right spell):
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Calagero Gambino
Name: Calagero Gambino
City: New Orleans
County: Orleans
State: Louisiana
Birth Date: 14 Jun 1882
Race: White
Draft Board: 2
wife Rosaria ( right spell) no birth place;

but by:
Colagero Gambino, "United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942"
Name: Colagero Gambino
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1942
Event Place: New Orleans, , Louisiana
Affiliate Publication Title: World War II Draft Cards (4th Registration) for the State of Louisiana
Affiliate Publication Number:
Affiliate ARC Identifier: 576248
GS Film number: 4435696
Digital Folder Number: 004435696
Image Number: 01499

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1079849034
born in Torretta ( Palermo province, Sicily region)and no in Torano Castello (Cosenza province, Calabria region)..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

THe records of Torretta on familysearch.org are a mess years missing no birth records for 1882 Calogero birth year and films look the same
Do you know any of his siblings names?

Looking through the birth records that are available there is only one Pietro Gambino with wife Francesca DiMaggio listed as a father in the indexes so I think these are Calogero parents. The only way to verify is to write to town of Torretta for his birth record and marriage record postage is about $1.25 to send a letter to Italy send no money

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Torretta
Piazza V. Emanuele
90040 Torretta PA
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta fotocopia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di Calogero Gambino e Rosaria DiMaggio e fotocopia integrale dell'atto di atto di nascita di Calogero Gambino

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

Mi chiamo YOUR NAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Torretta Vorrei sapere di più di loro.

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Calogero Gambino di Pietro nato a Torretta il 1882
Nome e cognome della moglie: Rosaria Dimaggio
Luogo di matrimonio: Torretta,Palermo
Data di matrimonio: 1888-1902
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty

Marty
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

suanj wrote:Hi,
your Calogero Gambino ( right spell):
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Calagero Gambino
Name: Calagero Gambino
City: New Orleans
County: Orleans
State: Louisiana
Race: White
Draft Board: 2
wife Rosaria ( right spell) no birth place;

but by:
Colagero Gambino, "United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942"
Name: Colagero Gambino
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1942
Event Place: New Orleans, , Louisiana
Affiliate Publication Title: World War II Draft Cards (4th Registration) for the State of Louisiana
Affiliate Publication Number:
Affiliate ARC Identifier: 576248
GS Film number: 4435696
Digital Folder Number: 004435696
Image Number: 01499

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1079849034
born in Torretta ( Palermo province, Sicily region)and no in Torano Castello (Cosenza province, Calabria region)..
suanj
Suanj, I had the World War I draft registration card for my great grandfather Colagero Gambino but not that World War II draft card. Thank you I will add this to my family tree!
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

adelfio wrote:How did you get the birthdate on ancestry tree of Rosaria of 1884?
INDEX #23
1881 Feb 28th in the town of of Torretta birth of Rosaria Maria DiMaggio daughter of Arcangelo DiMaggio age 29 farmer and Maria Cipriano
INDEX#22
1881 Feb 28th in the town of of Torretta birth of Filippo Gambino son of Pietro Gambino age 40 and Francesca Dimaggio

They were both born on the same day whats the chances of that still looking for Calogero birth record

PG LINK

Marty
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

London82 wrote:
adelfio wrote:How did you get the birthdate on ancestry tree of Rosaria of 1884?
INDEX #23
INDEX#22

PG LINK

Marty
Rosario's dob on her death certificate says she was born in 1882 but it was scratched out and made 1882 so I don't think they were sure of the year she was born.
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

London82 wrote:
London82 wrote:
INDEX #23
INDEX#22

PG LINK

Marty
Rosario's dob on her death certificate says she was born in 1882 but it was scratched out and made 1882 so I don't think they were sure of the year she was born.
My distant cousin from the Gambino side of my family had the year 1884 so I left it at that
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

adelfio wrote:THe records of Torretta on familysearch.org are a mess years missing no birth records for 1882 Calogero birth year and films look the same

Looking through the birth records that are available there is only one Pietro Gambino with wife Francesca DiMaggio listed as a father in the indexes so I think these are Calogero parents. The only way to verify is to write to town of Torretta for his birth record and marriage record postage is about $1.25 to send a letter to Italy send no money

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Torretta
Piazza V. Emanuele
90040 Torretta PA
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta fotocopia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di Calogero Gambino e Rosaria DiMaggio e fotocopia integrale dell'atto di atto di nascita di Calogero Gambino

Mi chiamo YOUR NAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Torretta Vorrei sapere di più di loro.

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Marty, no I don't know his siblings names, but I will write to the town requesting these documents. Thank you, Stephanie
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

adelfio wrote:THe records of Torretta on familysearch.org are a mess years missing no birth records for 1882 Calogero birth year and films look the same

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Torretta
Piazza V. Emanuele
90040 Torretta PA
Italy

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty

Marty, Calogero's 2 oldest children were born in Italy.. Rosa Gambino born Nov 8, 1902 and Pietro Gambino born may 12 1904. If this helps any
tcpnj@aol.com

Post by tcpnj@aol.com »

Cologero Gambino's mother name was Maria Prestigacommo

Eva Gallione