Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby CFARK » 22 Aug 2013, 23:38

I am trying to find information about my Grandmother who was born in the late 1893 possibly in Riolunato, Modena Italy. She came to America with an infant son in 1910 maybe. They had a home on a hillside they raised sheep I believe. I would like more information about her life before America if possible.

Also my grandfather Domenic Venturelli-Cervi (at some point he changed his name from Venturelli to Cervi we were told?) He was born in 1892 maybe in Sestola Modena Italy. He also came to America in the early 1900's. Once again I was wanting information of him or his family before he came to AMerica.
Thanks
Chris Fark
CFARK
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 Mar 2013, 19:01

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 23 Aug 2013, 01:38

CFARK wrote:I am trying to find information about my Grandmother who was born in the late 1893 possibly in Riolunato, Modena Italy. She came to America with an infant son in 1910 maybe. They had a home on a hillside they raised sheep I believe. I would like more information about her life before America if possible.

Also my grandfather Domenic Venturelli-Cervi (at some point he changed his name from Venturelli to Cervi we were told?) He was born in 1892 maybe in Sestola Modena Italy. He also came to America in the early 1900's. Once again I was wanting information of him or his family before he came to AMerica.
Thanks
Chris Fark


Hello Chris!

Here is an arrival for Cesira Contri, age 19, from Riolunato, in 1911 on SS Berlin.
She is accompanied by her son Gigliante Rasponi, age 9 months, they leave behind her mother Maria Contri in Riolunato, and they are going to her husband Elio Rasponi in Toluca, Illinois.


Cesira Contri, "New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924"
Given Name: Cesira
Surname: Contri
Last Place of Residence: Rislunato, Italy
Event Date: 17 Jun 1911
Age: 19y
Nationality: Italy, Italian North
Departure Port: Genova
Arrival Port: New York
Gender: Female
Marital Status: M
Citizenship Status:
Ship Name: Berlin

Records for Riolunato, Modena Province, are not available online that I am aware.
You can request birth and marriage records directly from the comune with a written request in Italian:

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Castello, 8
41020 Riolunato (MO)
ITALY


Help with letter of request in Italian.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/genealo ... ecords.asp

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby adelfio » 23 Aug 2013, 01:54

HI T
Shipmanifest of Cesira Contri age 19 line#6 1911 coming with her son Gigliante Rasponi leaving her mother Filomena Contri in Riolunato
PG LINK
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006

BIRTH ACT OF Gigliante Rasponi son of Cesira
INDEX#36
1910 Aug 5th in the town of Riolunato birth of Gigliante Rasponi son of
Elio Rasponi and Cesira Contri

CLICK FOR IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Image

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 23 Aug 2013, 02:09

adelfio wrote:HI T
Shipmanifest of Cesira Contri age 19 line#6 1911 coming with her son Gigliante Rasponi leaving her mother Filomena Contri in Riolunato
PG LINK
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006

BIRTH ACT OF Gigliante Rasponi son of Cesira
INDEX#36
1910 Aug 5th in the town of Riolunato birth of Gigliante Rasponi son of
Elio Rasponi and Cesira Contri

CLICK FOR IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Image

Marty


HI Marty :D
Thanks for posting the manifest from ellisisland.org (I still do not have the hang of doing that)

And where did you find the birth record? I thought Riolunato was not online? :oops:

By the Way - did you see that the child was not presented due to distance, and the father did not make the declaration because he was a distance from home?
T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby CFARK » 28 Aug 2013, 17:08

Thank you for this information! It is great! Our family is having our annual Tortellini Roll this coming weekend. Around 50 people from all over the US, we make my grandmother Cervi's Tortellini recipe and then eat! OF COURSE we are Italian!
If there is any more information on my Grandfather Domenico Cervi I would appreciate it as well. My Grandmother was married to Elia Rasponi first, then to Domenico Cervi. They had 8 children total, 2 are still living. My mom is one of them.
Thanks
Chris
CFARK
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 Mar 2013, 19:01

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Aug 2013, 20:31

CFARK wrote:Thank you for this information! It is great! Our family is having our annual Tortellini Roll this coming weekend. Around 50 people from all over the US, we make my grandmother Cervi's Tortellini recipe and then eat! OF COURSE we are Italian!
If there is any more information on my Grandfather Domenico Cervi I would appreciate it as well. My Grandmother was married to Elia Rasponi first, then to Domenico Cervi. They had 8 children total, 2 are still living. My mom is one of them.
Thanks
Chris


POSSIBLE Death Index listing for Domenico Cervi - 1947

Domenic Cervi, "Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947"
Name: Domenic Cervi
Titles and Terms (Original):
Event Date: 25 Mar 1947
Event Place: Wamac, Washington, Illinois
Gender: Male
Marital Status:
Race:
Age: 52
Birth Year (Estimated): 1895
Birth Date: 04 Jul 1894
Birthplace: Italy
Father's Name: Frank Cervi
Father's Titles and Terms:
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Name: Angela Qurcirgesa
Mother's Titles and Terms:
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Occupation: Coal Miner
Residence Place: Sandoval, Sandoval Twp, Marion, Illinois
Address:
Spouse's Name: Louisa Cervi
Spouse's Titles and Terms (Original):
Spouse's Birthplace:
Burial Date: 29 Mar 1947
Burial Place: Sandoval Twp, Marion, Ill.
Cemetery: St. Lawrence
Informant's Name:
Additional Relatives:
Digital Folder Number: 4005438
Image Number: 446
GS Film number: 1991770
Reference ID: 13922

ALSO... POSSIBLE arrival listing for Domenico Cervi, age 16, in 1911
Leaving father Francesco Cervi in FANANO [Modena] Italy
Going to brother-in-law Montesanbetti(?) in Farmington, Illinois

Domenico Cervi, "New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924"
Given Name: Domenico
Surname: Cervi
Last Place of Residence: Fanano, No. Italy
Event Date: 07 Jan 1911
Age: 16y
Nationality: Italy - Italian
Departure Port: Havre
Arrival Port: New York
Gender: Male
Marital Status: S
Citizenship Status:
Ship Name: La Savoie

POSSIBLE - WWI Draft Registration Card for Domenico Cervi (in 1917-1918)
Birthdate 4 July 1894
Living in Joliet, Illinois
Laborer at the American Steel and Wire Co.
Single

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1355728408

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Aug 2013, 21:38

AND... according to the Ancestral File for Domenico Cervi on Family Search

His father was Francesco Remigio Domenico VENTURELLI - b. 1 Oct 1854; d. 3 March 1932 Versale, Sestola, Modena, Italy
His mother was Maria Domenica Angela Querciagrossa - b. 25 March 1860; d. 2 March 1934 Versale, Sestola, Modena, Italy

They had 8 Children:

Sisto Cesare Isadoro CERVI

birth: 28 March 1883
death: 30 September 1966
Adelaide Luigia Maria CERVI
birth: 1 December 1884
death: 5 July 1958
Cesare Amando (George) CERVI
birth: 21 February 1888
death: 14 August 1959
Maria Annunziata CERVI
birth: 26 March 1892
death: 30 December 1968
Domenico Cesare CERVI
birth: 8 July 1894
death: 25 March 1947
Angiolina Maria CERVI
birth: 21 October 1897
death:
Aldo Augostino Adolfo CERVI
birth: 22 August 1899
death: 17 January 1966
Flavio CERVI
birth: 21 January 1903
death: 27 December 1983

In the Ancestral Tree is also the parents of Francesco, and the parents of Maria Domenica...

Francesco Cervi's father was Geminiano (CERVI) VENTURELLI
He had 9 children of which Francesco was the oldest...

Francisco Remigio Domenico VENTURELLI
birth: 1 October 1854
death: 3 March 1932
Mario Domenico (Cervi) VENTURELLI
birth: 2 November 1855
death: 9 March 1876
Cesare Salvino Gulielmo VENTURELLI
birth: 18 December 1857
death:
Antonio Eletto Mario VENTURELLI
birth: 19 January 1860
death: 21 January 1860
Maria Luigia Aldegondra CERVI
birth: 8 March 1861
death: May 1946
Eleodora Maria Teresa CERVI
birth: 7 May 1863
death:
Maria Giustina Clelia CERVI
birth: 25 October 1865
death:
Mansueto Luca Ilario CERVI
birth: 18 February 1868
death: 6 July 1955
Modesto Avito Viterbo CERVI
birth: 15 June 1871
death: 2 November 1956
You will see that the first 4 children have the surname VENTURELLI, and the other 5 are listed with surname CERVI (after 1860...)
Name change occurs about the time of the Risorgimento [Unification of Italy]

ALSO - Francesco Cervi's mother's line is charted back as far as 1710! :-)

To view the file...

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/MCBK-SMN

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby CFARK » 06 Sep 2013, 22:06

Thank you all so very much! You have given me great information!
Chris
CFARK
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 Mar 2013, 19:01

Re: Grandmother Cesaria Luisa Contri from Modena Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Sep 2013, 22:55

CFARK wrote:Thank you all so very much! You have given me great information!
Chris


Happy to help! :-D

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09


9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.