IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Postby Antonio Greco » 05 Sep 2013, 00:13

Good day,

I have been using ancestry.com for some time, archivio di stato di cosenza online, using the LDS microfilms and writing to Italy for documents. I discovered my 5th Great Grandfather was from San Giovanni in Fiore and was born in the first half of the 1700s.

The website IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE seems to have some tax records for my 5th Great Grandfather but won't let me see them until I pay up.

Before I join, can anyone tell me if this is a quality website? When I say quality, I mean it is not a site that is just a bunch of links to other genealogy websites which I must also pay for.

Is there some original content on the website? Stuff I can't find on ancestry.com? Is it worth the $285 lifetime membership, or will I open and curse myself for wasting money because it is a bunch of stuff I could have got on ancestry.com?

Please let me know.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/

Tony
De Colosimi e de iumare portaccende ma un de pigliare: delle cose di Colosimi e delle fiumare è meglio non prendere nulla
Antonio Greco

Re: IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Postby adelfio » 05 Sep 2013, 00:41

The Cadastre Onciario of San Giovanni in Fiore is online for free

PAGE LINK
http://www.onciario.beniculturali.it/?page_id=7

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Postby Antonio Greco » 05 Sep 2013, 00:44

Thank you, Sir.
De Colosimi e de iumare portaccende ma un de pigliare: delle cose di Colosimi e delle fiumare è meglio non prendere nulla
Antonio Greco

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy