Any Death Records For Tommaso and Santa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Any Death Records For Tommaso and Santa

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

Can someone please check under the death records for mention of either Tommaso Fava or Santa Lorenzo passing away between 1886-1910. These are my great-grandfather's parents. I did check the "morti" records (below), but I did not see either name. I want to make certain I did not miss it in searching the records. All indication is when my great-grandfather came to America in 1904 or so he was around 18 years old without parents coming with him. Thank you.
Pentone (Catanzaro). Ufficio dello stato civile
Records of Italy, Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Civil Registration (Tribunale)
Nati 1902-1910 Pubblicazioni 1867-1910 Matrimoni 1866-1910 Morti 1868-1910
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Any Death Records For Tommaso and Santa

Post by Tessa78 »

You may wish to write directly to the comune of Pentone to request the death records.
The records available online are only until 1910 as you mentioned. The GGparents may have been in their 40's or 50's at that time.

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso De Laurenti, 56
88050 Pentone (CZ)
ITALY

Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks, Tessa ! I did a re-check of the online records going up to 1910 just to make certain I did not miss their names since I am still trying to familiarize myself with the handwriting and everything in Italian. I did not see their names. In 1910, as you mentioned, they would've been around their 50s or so. They may've lived well beyond that. I will send a letter to Pentone to request the death records. All indication is my great grandfather left his parents behind in Italy when he came to America. He was about 18 years old when he came, and the ship manifest does not show him travelling with the parents.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Did you do a manifest search for his parents? Maybe they came at a later date. That was common.
Remember that his mother would have traveled with her maiden name, not her married name!

Can you post the manifest of your great-grandfather for us?

T.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

@Tessa- I did not think to do that re: ship manifest search-thanks! I do not know how to post an image, but it appears my g-grandfather came on 6/23/1904 port of sailing :Naples on Ship: Nord America.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

gentilejoy@yahoo.com wrote:@Tessa- I did not think to do that re: ship manifest search-thanks! I do not know how to post an image, but it appears my g-grandfather came on 6/23/1904 port of sailing :Naples on Ship: Nord America.
I see that he was traveling to his Uncle Michele Lorenzo (mother's brother?) at 338 W 39th St. NY.

FYI - Two lines above Antonio Fava is another young passenger from Pentone - Antonio Marino, age 16. He is traveling to a similar address (339 W 39th St) to his cousin Michele Marino...

T.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

@Tessa-yes, I did see the name Michele Lorenzo which is same last name of his mother Santa. I need to determine if this was a brother to Santa. Oddly, that address on 39th St. is about a block or so of where my great -grandmother and her family settled when they came here. They were not from Pentone. That used to be called the Hell's Kitchen section of New York City. I can only assume this is where, mostly likely, my maternal great grandparents met, and later in 1917, they got married. I will need to work on finding out who "Michele" is and exactly how he is related. Also, need to verify if great grandfather's parents stood behind in Italy or came at a later time. Joy.