Searching for D'Ignazio Family Information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Willienellie

Searching for D'Ignazio Family Information

Postby Willienellie » 23 Mar 2005, 08:03

My maternal grandfather, Tulio D'Ignazio, was born in the Abruzzi region 24 Dec. 188? He married a German woman outside his family's wishes and never returned to Italy. We have very little information - there was a brother, Elmando, who also married outside the family wishes and settled in France. My mother said he also had sisters who were younger and would have stayed in the region. Any information would be appreciated.

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching for D'Ignazio Family Information

Postby VaDeb » 23 Mar 2005, 12:56

Hi,

In order to research in Italy you must know the town the event occured in. Could you be more specific with your research goals?

ARe you looking for a record of his arrival to America? If so, what is the year of immigration? Do you have any idea of what port he arrived in or where in America he first settled? Did he travel with a wife and or children? What are their names?

If you do not know the year of immigration, have you found the family on the US Census? To do this you need to provide the name of wife anc children and where the family lived. Census was done every 10 years. It is available beginning in 1930, 1920, 1910, etc.

These type of details are needed to identify your ancestor from others of similar or same names. We can probably help point you in a direction to follow if you can be more specific with details and what you have already obtained.

Debbie

Willienellie

Postby Willienellie » 23 Mar 2005, 18:32

I think I might be in the wrong place. This family did not emigrate to the US. My grandfather died in Germany in 1939. His wife died there in 1963. My mother and I came to America in 1959. I am searching for information of the D'Ignazio family that remained in Italy.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 23 Mar 2005, 20:55

Willienellie wrote:I think I might be in the wrong place. This family did not emigrate to the US. My grandfather died in Germany in 1939. His wife died there in 1963. My mother and I came to America in 1959. I am searching for information of the D'Ignazio family that remained in Italy.

... and you can write in Germany, to marriage's Common of TULLIO D'Ignazio (exact spelling: TULLIO)? sure are on marriageact the birthplace... but I can say you that this surname is in Teramo area (Abruzzo region)..the problem,isnot the birthplace that is possible to find, but the birthyear, why for all search is necessary the max approx. birthyear, when are not the exact... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Willienellie

Postby Willienellie » 24 Mar 2005, 00:15

suanj - sorry for the typing error. Tullio D'Ignazio born 24 December 1882? maybe 1883. Could you provide additional information on where to search for German marriage records? I believe Tullio married Christine Jansen in the Essen Germany area in the 1920's.[/b]

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Mar 2005, 06:43

Willienellie wrote:suanj - sorry for the typing error. Tullio D'Ignazio born 24 December 1882? maybe 1883. Could you provide additional information on where to search for German marriage records? I believe Tullio married Christine Jansen in the Essen Germany area in the 1920's.[/b]

Hi,
in this case are two possibility:

1-or to write Italian Consulate in Germany-Essen, sure are many possibilities of records access (exemple: the Germany census, the database of italian immigrants and more)..
think that is most probable that they find it ....
why you have this data:
-exact Name
-birthdate (1882 or 1883 not many difference for search why normally the search have an range year + or - 3 years)
-name spouse
-year of marriage
-the town: Essen (sure is large, but how many Tullio D'Ignazio was in Essen area? ...)
So, you can to find the info to Italian Consulate in Germany:
Consolato Generale d’Italia Colonia
Universitätsstr. 81
50931 Köln
Germany

Tel. (0221) 400870 - Fax (0221) 4060350
Tel. for info to: Inge Adams (0221) 40087-27
www.consolato-italia-colonia.de
info@consolato-italia-colonia.de
( hoping available)

2- or to write Major of Essen, the: Dr. Wolfgang Reiniger http://www.essen.de/english/essen.de_e.htm (here are the mailto)and you ask for courtesy an search in registries about Tullio.. many regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Charles Notte

Postby Charles Notte » 13 Jul 2014, 16:27

Hello,

In Abruzzo, 95% of the D'Ignazio's are located in Cellino Attanasio in the province of Teramo.

Regards,

Charles Notte

Return to “Italian Genealogy”