looking for surnames Lodovici, Orsini, Cardoni Please Help!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wjnicki

looking for surnames Lodovici, Orsini, Cardoni Please Help!!

Postby wjnicki » 24 Mar 2005, 16:48

I need help finding anything about the Lodovici Family. All I know about the Lodovici family is that Romolo Lodovici came from Rome( I think). As the Story goes; He was a stow-a-way on a ship age(12-16) and was found by a cook. No one seems to know any more than that.

I would also like to find out more about the Orsini Family who is from Gubbio-- The last Orsini I have found is Luigi Orsini born 01-20-1818 and married Veronica Bianchi.

THe Cardoni Family is also from Gubbio-- The last Cardoni I can find is Giuseppe Cardoni who married Filomena Minelli and they had three children: Adolfo, Benvenuto, and Cesare.

If anyone can direct me in the right direction or has info please help.

Thank you!!!!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: looking for surnames Lodovici, Orsini, Cardoni Please He

Postby suanj » 24 Mar 2005, 17:45

wjnicki wrote:I need help finding anything about the Lodovici Family. All I know about the Lodovici family is that Romolo Lodovici came from Rome( I think). As the Story goes; He was a stow-a-way on a ship age(12-16) and was found by a cook. No one seems to know any more than that.

I would also like to find out more about the Orsini Family who is from Gubbio-- The last Orsini I have found is Luigi Orsini born 01-20-1818 and married Veronica Bianchi.

THe Cardoni Family is also from Gubbio-- The last Cardoni I can find is Giuseppe Cardoni who married Filomena Minelli and they had three children: Adolfo, Benvenuto, and Cesare.

If anyone can direct me in the right direction or has info please help.

Thank you!!!!

For Gubbio place records from 1808 to 1976 (Luigi Orsini-Veronica Bianchi, Giuseppe Cardoni-Filomena Minelli): you can request the photocopies of birthacts about this persons, making an request to Archivio di Stato di Perugia;
from this birthacts you can know the relatives and also the ages.. and so you know sure the name relatives been born before 1800; for again more back are the church records.....
about Romolo Lodovici or, perhaps better, Ludovici you say only the age.. well but in that year Romolo was of 12/16 old? regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 24 Mar 2005, 19:37

Hi,

There is alot of help here, but you have to be more specific in what you need.

need help finding anything about the Lodovici Family. All I know about the Lodovici family is that Romolo Lodovici came from Rome( I think). As the Story goes; He was a stow-a-way on a ship age(12-16) and was found by a cook. No one seems to know any more than that.

What year (approximately) did Romolo leave Italy? After being caught by the cook did he enter another country or was he returned to Italy? Are you trying to find information on Romolo's ancestors or decendants?

There are records of Gubbio available on microfilm from your local LDS Family history center. YOu are lucky. The records are from 1808-1976.
If you do not want to research yourself, Suanj has given you information on how to write for certificates.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Are you trying to research further back on Lugi (find his parents) or find his decendants?

If you can be more specific about your needs, someone will have suggestions for you.

Debbie

wjnicki

Postby wjnicki » 24 Mar 2005, 20:45

Thank you for the information on who to write to and where to look.I'm not sure what year Romolo left Italy. I know he was not returned to Italy. According to his daughter-in-law he did not talk about his past. I will ask her again and see if I can get the year that he left. I am looking for his ancestors. My husband is one of his decendants.

I am trying to find out who Luigi Orsini parents where and his other decendants.

Thank you!!

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 24 Mar 2005, 20:46

Have you been through the microfilm records for the town?

Debbie

wjnicki

Postby wjnicki » 24 Mar 2005, 20:52

No not yet.

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 24 Mar 2005, 20:59

The microfilm records would be your best source. If you haven't worked iwth Italian records before I recommend an Italian genealogy word list and the books Italian Genealogy Records by Tafford Cole and Discoveringyour Italian Ancestrors by Lynn Nelson. They have sample transcriped records and are a great source for explaining all you need to know about Italian records.

Debbie

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Mar 2005, 22:04

I am trying to find out who Luigi Orsini parents where and his other decendants.
Hi:
for parents and relatives of Luigi Orsini you ask the birthact in Gubbio Common, so you sure will know names of relatives... for siblings you ask the Certificato storico di famiglia...(family story certificate).. suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

wjnicki

Postby wjnicki » 24 Mar 2005, 22:14

Thank you!!!

mfjp
Master
Master

Postby mfjp » 25 Mar 2005, 01:15

Well there is a Boston manifest...

I'm not 100% sure of the surname on manifest though...

See line # 29 bottom of page...

As transcribed...

Name:   Romolo Hurl Ludovici (Hurl?...I don't think so... I think it may say "Husb" or husband....

Arrival Date:   4 Apr 1921
Estimated Birth Year:   1884
Ethnic Background:   Italian (South)
Port of Departure:   Naples, Italy
Ship Name:   Italia
Port of Arrival:   Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name:   Federico Dinicola
Last Residence:   Italy
Birthplace:   Velletri, Italy
Microfilm Roll Number:   264

page 1
http://img225.exs.cx/img225/2645/rompage15bz.jpg

page 2
http://img115.exs.cx/img115/3115/rompag29dw.jpg

mfjp

wjnicki

Postby wjnicki » 25 Mar 2005, 03:08

Thanks for the Info, but unfortunally that is not the Romolo that I am looking for. I know for a fact that he was in the US sometime in the year 1910, that is when my husband's grandfather was born. The daughter in law of Romolo was not sure if her husband was born in Michigan or Penn. I have ordered the death certificate Romolo's son. Hopefully that will have some useful information.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”