Surname SPOTO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Surname SPOTO

Post by adelfio »

ray1955 wrote:I have tried to put in order what you all have provided and totally confused at the
Index 7 above.
The one that talks about Cammarata "widower".......what is all that whose who?
This one is very confusing.
This is your great great grandfather Antonio Spoto mother Maria Giuseppa Cammarata and it is saying he is the husband of deceased Nicoletta Mule' (widower)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ray1955 wrote:I have tried to put in order what you all have provided and totally confused at the
Index 7 above.

The one that talks about Cammarata "widower".......what is all that whose who?
This one is very confusing.
Here is the translation of the record...
Record #7
Dated 15 January 1909 at 9:15 AM at the town office.
Before me, Vincenzo Crismali(sp?), councilor functioning for the Mayor and official of the vital records in the town of Vallelunga,
appeared Salvatore Ilardo, age 76, grave digger residing in Vallelunga, and Filippo Vilardo, age 35, grave digger residing in Vallelunga; to declare that at 2 PM yesterday at the place at Via Carlo Cxxxx, no number, died ANTONINO SPOTO, of age 99, a sieve-maker residing in Vallelunga, born in Vallelunga, son of deceased Fortunato [Spoto] a resident in Vallelunga in his life; and of deceased Maria Giuseppa Cammarata, resident of Vallelunga in her life; widower of Nicoletta Mulè.
Witnesses to the record: Angelo Giardina, 66; and Santo Tagliarini, 45.
Only the witnesses signed with the official as the others were illliterate.

Hope that helps! :-D

T.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

This is the part I am trying to get my head around. and of deceased Maria Giuseppa Cammarata, resident of Vallelunga in her life; widower of Nicoletta Mulè.

I get he Antonino died and his father was Fortunato Spoto and his Antonino's wife who is dead but what is the widower of nicoletta Mule how am I to read this as I am reading it all wrong looks like he

OH is it this: Antonino died he is the son of Fortunato who died and his wife maria who is dead but Antonino's wife is Nicoletta Mule (who they are saying at this time was a live?)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

In Italian records if the word fu is in front of the name they are deceased Nicoletta Mule is deceased Antonino was a widower
Did you check your private messages

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Hey Marty if I wanted to take one of my grandfather's siblings say Antonino Vincent Spoto who hadRalph Born 21 May 1890? - Vallelunga-Pratameno, Italy
Raymond (Rosario) Born 1890

Loreta Born 1905 I was told she remained in Italy,Vallelunga
Josephine (Giuseppa) also remained in Italy
Sarah Born 1893

Tessa said that Josephine could also be Giuseppa what I want to do is look in the records to determine if she got married and had children. If she did and I can identify them and if she did stay in Italy her kids could be alive. What do you think I just want to take one of them. But if you could walk me through it I have learned how to search in FamilySearch.org
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ray1955 wrote:This is the part I am trying to get my head around. and of deceased Maria Giuseppa Cammarata, resident of Vallelunga in her life; widower of Nicoletta Mulè.

I get he Antonino died and his father was Fortunato Spoto and his Antonino's wife who is dead but what is the widower of nicoletta Mule how am I to read this as I am reading it all wrong looks like he

OH is it this: Antonino died he is the son of Fortunato who died and his wife maria who is dead but Antonino's wife is Nicoletta Mule (who they are saying at this time was a live?)
Keep in mind that women in Italy maintained their maiden names...
Maria Giuseppa Cammarata is the MOTHER of Antonino, and was married to Fortunato.
Nicoletta was Antonino's deceased wife, making him the "widower of Nicoletta..."

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The civil records birth and marriage of VallelungaPratameno online only go from 1866-1910
You would have to write or email for Loreta Spoto born 1905 for her marriage record to the comune of Vallelunga Pratameno if she was married there
There is no info on her birth record of her marriage If you want do that let us know we can help

Marty

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

So what your saying is I will not be able to drill down at this point to determine if there are any living relatives. I do have some questions on something else if you have a moment
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Marty I can not get any of your attachments for the above birth and death certificates.
I was trying to read the death certificate cause I am reading about how to enterpret them and wanted to see if I can interpret the one you provided but I can not open it to enlarge it.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

ray1955 wrote:Marty I can not get any of your attachments for the above birth and death certificates.
I was trying to read the death certificate cause I am reading about how to enterpret them and wanted to see if I can interpret the one you provided but I can not open it to enlarge it.
I tried the images they work use your left mouse button click on the record image click again to enlarge

Marty

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Tried left clicking and no it dont open for me however I am using a MACBook Air and that might be a problem if it is working for you.
In addition Marty, reason I didnt see the name in the index is they put Spoto Antonino and then his fathers first name I was looking for Spoto like we would have in the states I guess but seriously do they ALWAYS use the De and fathers name?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Check your private messages
Marty

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Marty/Tessa, a while back you gave us Giuseppe Spotto birth extract
INDEX 104
1853 in the town of Vallelunga birth of Giuseppe Spotto son of Antonino Spoto and Maria Nicoletta Mulè

I believe on the marriage certificate it had the above information however later on one on the children's birth act it showed a Loreta Mule' and it was stated maybe he married his wife's SISTER...or they were using her middle name.
Is there a way you can see if from the time he married Maria and the birth act that showed Loreta if Maria had passed away. is there a death certificate for her during that period?

I have not to get a printer for my MAC computer its hard trying to follow this. Oh well my problem thanks for your attention.

Ray and Mary Spoto
cliffdale204

Post by cliffdale204 »

Tessa78 wrote:We do translations here at the forum! :-)

Just let us know what you want...

T.
In many of the records for the Spoto family I come across the name Angleo Giardino (from what I can see of spelling) If you look at a form can you tell me whom they say this man is? Thanks in advance,
Mary
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

cliffdale204 wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:We do translations here at the forum! :-)

Just let us know what you want...

T.
In many of the records for the Spoto family I come across the name Angleo Giardino (from what I can see of spelling) If you look at a form can you tell me whom they say this man is? Thanks in advance,
Mary
He is the civil official of the town

Marty

Marty