Daddazio/Femiani family tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ntedesco11

Daddazio/Femiani family tree

Postby ntedesco11 » 14 Sep 2013, 01:33

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could help.
I am trying find out more information on my father's side.

Some background:
My great-grandfather's name was Vincenzo J. Daddazio, born in Italy 20 Aug 1899. According to Ancestry.com, he arrived in US in 1916. His father's name was Pontaliono (or Ponteliono unsure of spelling)and his mother's name was Graziotta Jammarino (unsure of spelling but this is what it seems to say according to Vincenzo's marriage certificate).

Vincenzo married a woman by the name of Giustina (may be Guistina, but her American name was Jessie) Femiani, born in Pignataro Maggiore, Italy on 18 Oct 1900. Her parents' names were Raffaele Femiano and Angelina Sciadone (found out that her father's name was Salvatore Sciadone and her brother's name was Francesco Sciadone). Now, I know that Giustina had a few siblings: Alberto, Rachaelina, Guiseppina, Bernardo, and Tiondolina (I know there's more but am unsure of spelling).

My goal is to further explore this side of the family and hopefully step back another generation.

Thank you for helping out! :)

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Daddazio/Femiani family tree

Postby Tessa78 » 14 Sep 2013, 16:38

ntedesco11 wrote:Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could help.
I am trying find out more information on my father's side.

Some background:
My great-grandfather's name was Vincenzo J. Daddazio, born in Italy 20 Aug 1899. According to Ancestry.com, he arrived in US in 1916. His father's name was Pontaliono (or Ponteliono unsure of spelling)and his mother's name was Graziotta Jammarino (unsure of spelling but this is what it seems to say according to Vincenzo's marriage certificate).

Vincenzo married a woman by the name of Giustina (may be Guistina, but her American name was Jessie) Femiani, born in Pignataro Maggiore, Italy on 18 Oct 1900. Her parents' names were Raffaele Femiano and Angelina Sciadone (found out that her father's name was Salvatore Sciadone and her brother's name was Francesco Sciadone). Now, I know that Giustina had a few siblings: Alberto, Rachaelina, Guiseppina, Bernardo, and Tiondolina (I know there's more but am unsure of spelling).

My goal is to further explore this side of the family and hopefully step back another generation.

Thank you for helping out! :)

Do you know the exact town of birth?

Can you tell us where in US your Vincenzo settled?
It would appear that you have some US documents - marriage, arrival manifest, etc.
Any other details you can provide, including possibly posting the manifest image here (or the link to the image in ancestry), would be of great help in our search for you.

EDIT to add:

Is this your GGF in Rochester, NY in 1936 Directory listing?

U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 about Vincent Daddazio
Name: Vincent Daddazio
Residence Year: 1936
Street Address: 6 Clifton
Residence Place: Rochester, New York
Spouse: Jessie Daddazio
Publication Title: Rochester, New York, City Directory, 1936

According to this 1925 NYS Census... in Rochester, NY, with wife Giustina :-)
Vincenzo is age 33 - would make his birth dated about 1892
He indicates that he has been in US for 16 years - would make arrival about 1909
Giustina has been in US about 4 years - arrival in 1921?
Three children: All born in US, ages 3, 1, and what may be 5 months but transcribed as 57 years :-(
Can you verify that this is the family?

New York, State Census, 1925 about Vincenza Dadazie
Name: Vincenza Dadazie
Birth Date: abt 1892
Birth Place: Italy
Residence Place: Rochester Ward 11, Monroe
Relationship: Head
Color or Race: White
Number of Years in US: 16
Assembly District: 04
House Number: 41
Line Number: 21
Page Number: 6
Household Members:
Name Age
Vincenza Dadazie 33
Gustina Dadazie 24

Grace Dadazie 03
Angelina Dadazie 01
Vincenza Dadazie 57 (listed as "son" - probably 5 months old)

Click once to enlarge and again to magnify

T.

ntedesco11

Postby ntedesco11 » 14 Sep 2013, 18:35

Oh I totally forgot, I am so sorry. Both sides of the family settled in Rochester, NY.

ntedesco11

Postby ntedesco11 » 14 Sep 2013, 18:37

Everything you found thus far has been correct, thank you so much! I believe Vincenzo is from Penne, Italy (that's what I was told/heard).

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 14 Sep 2013, 21:48

ntedesco11 wrote:Everything you found thus far has been correct, thank you so much! I believe Vincenzo is from Penne, Italy (that's what I was told/heard).

Comune of Penne (Province of Pescara) vital records are available online only at your nearest Family History Center.
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2013532

To find the nearest Family History Library
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

T.

ntedesco11

Postby ntedesco11 » 17 Sep 2013, 01:32

Thank you Tess!!! Now, is it possible if anyone could help me find out info about Vincenzo's and Giustina's parents? I always have heard that both sides never really liked the children getting married.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”