Sulmona Prior to 1900

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EspressoLatte

Sulmona Prior to 1900

Postby EspressoLatte » 15 Sep 2013, 18:45

Ciao a tutti,

I recently received an "Estratto per Riassunto dai Registrati degli atti di Nascita" from Sulmona for my great-grandmother (a Colaberardino) born in 1871. It also shows her marriage to my great-grandfather (Bernardo Balassone) in 1895. Here is where things get tricky.

We cannot find any information about him. The name was changed when they came to the U.S. to something unrecognizable. From what I've seen of the Balassone records in Sulmona, there is no "Bernardo" anywhere. How can this be? Could the person who sent the information have made a mistake?

Should I order an anagrafe or state di famiglia? Are there any sites I can find information online?

What a mystery!

Thanks for any/all clues and advice.

T

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Sulmona Prior to 1900

Postby adelfio » 16 Sep 2013, 20:40

I would get the marriage act it will have his surname and his parents and birth town on it ask for a foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio
When you send for it there must be a index number on the marriage sidenote on the birth record
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”