Italian Genealogy SERGIO LANZA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Italian Genealogy SERGIO LANZA

Postby rlanza » 27 Mar 2005, 18:34

SERGIO LANZA Looking for any informatiom for my grandfather Sergio Lanza Born 22 Jan 1890 in Bernalda Italy his father was Carlo Lanza mother was Anna Pardiso also born in Bernalda I need a date he left Italy ,what port he left for New York . He settled in Albany New York around 1910-1920 met and married Stella Sasso. Had 5 children Anna twins Charles and Patrick John and Bernard.I have been trying to find out what year he left Italy what ship, where he entered United States, nothing on any US censes nothing on Ellis Island. He was A shoemaker in Albany, he died in Albany 8 Aug 1955 could his name be differant? Thanks for any help.
rlanza

Re: Italian Genealogy SERGIO LANZA

Postby brujaojos » 27 Mar 2005, 20:40

rlanza wrote:SERGIO LANZA Looking for any info for Sergio Lanza Born 22 Jan 1890 in bernalda italy his father was Carlo Lanza mother was Anna Pardiso also born in Bernalda need date he left Italy what ship ,what port he left for New York any help thanks

Hi there,

Can I please ask you to give us a little more information such as where did Sergio settle in the USA? It can help find census records for him. The census records will narrow down the year that he came to the USA.

Also, there is microfilm for the town of Bernalda. You can go to your local Family History Center and order and rent the films. It costs about $3.50 a roll. Here is the link for the microfilm.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Have a great Easter!
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1