Handling Payment and Postage

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Handling Payment and Postage

Postby MarciaK » 23 Sep 2013, 16:44

When requesting documents from a town's registrar, how is payment for those documents handled?

Also, the reference books I am using suggest, as a courtesy, sending International Reply Coupons with each request. However, the US Postal Service discontinued providing these coupons in January 2013. I certainly do not want to offend the registrar by not including them. Do you think they are aware that people in the US can no longer obtain these coupons?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. I am so glad that I found this forum. After reading many of the posts, it's obvious that there are many knowledgeable people providing lots of great advice!

Marcia
Marcia

Researching RICCI and DiCRISCIO lines in Riccia(CB) and Westmoreland County, PA
MarciaK

Re: Handling Payment and Postage

Postby adelfio » 23 Sep 2013, 23:16

If you are sending for records from a comune don't send any money just thank them for their time and effort they will take care of the postage

If your getting records from the archivio di stato they will tell you how much usually about 6.25 Euro for copying and postage

If your researching Riccia heres a post you might be interested in
PG LINK CLICK ON TOPIC
topic24309.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby MarciaK » 23 Sep 2013, 23:36

Thanks so much!
Marcia

Researching RICCI and DiCRISCIO lines in Riccia(CB) and Westmoreland County, PA
MarciaK

Postby rp76226 » 25 Sep 2013, 04:02

I've sent cash twice to Italy. Once it got lost or stolen and the other time it was received. To wire money costs about $35 which isn't worth it for expenses of a few Euros. Hide the money in a brown envelope within another brown envelope and wrap the interior envelope with sheets of paper to make it difficult for anyone to perceive that there is cash inside.
rp76226
Elite
Elite

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy