Searching for proof of death or immigration for ...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Searching for proof of death or immigration for ...

Postby CarolineMLashin » 24 Sep 2013, 20:10

I have knowledge of Francisco Livieri and his daughter, Carolina Livieri immigrating to the US in 1889. Francisco's wife was not listed and I can not find any record of her in the US. Her name is Margarita Mascelli or Massella - born about 1835 in Calvello, Potenza Italy. Her 4 daughters were born here also - Filomena in 1856, Anna Rosari in 1862, Carolina in 1875 and Maria in 1884. Margarita married in abt. 1854. Margarita's daughters all immigrated to the US from 1862 to 1906. Can anyone assist me in finding if and when she may have departed for the US or any records of her death in Italy.

Also, is there any records of her husband, Francisco death in Italy. Even though he came to the US, there is no record of his death in the US. Did he return to Italy before his death?

Thanks for any assistance!
CarolineMLashin

Re: Searching for proof of death or immigration for ...

Postby suanj » 24 Sep 2013, 21:37

Hi,
I know not if may help, but I believe that Francesco Livieri made another trip in 1906 with daughter Filomena in 1906, and joining at daughter Rosaria Anna in Chicago; Filomena Livieri joining at husband Pietro La Rocca in Chicago.
Francesco Saverio Livieri was widow in 1906:

First Name: Frcs. Savorio
Last Name: Livieri
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Calulla(Calvello)
Date of Arrival: Jun 04, 1906
Age at Arrival: 79y Gender: M Marital Status: W
Ship of Travel: Hohenzollern
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Manifest Line Number: 0014

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0014

I know not if is the Francesco Livieri your ancestor; if yes, in 1906 he was widow..
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching for proof of death or immigration for ...

Postby CarolineMLashin » 25 Sep 2013, 01:09

Thank you so verrrryyyyy much!! Yes, this is the correct family. You found something I was just not having any luck finding. I truly appreciate your assistance and quick response.
CarolineMLashin

Re: Searching for proof of death for Francesco Livieri

Postby CarolineMLashin » 27 Sep 2013, 20:44

I have been searching for days to find any record of the death of Francesco Saverio Livieri after he immigrated to the US in 1906, but with no luck. I just noticed a stamp next to his name on the Ellis Island listing when he immigrated that states "deported". Is it possible he returned to Italy even though he was a widow and in his 70's - all of his daughters were then living in the US? Is there any record of his death somewhere in Italy? I have his birth date as abt. 1829 in Italy.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
CarolineMLashin

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy