Advice on obtaining birth record from online service

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Advice on obtaining birth record from online service

Post by jkingb »

I am interested in obtaining a birth record from Italy and would like to use homeonline to do so - I have successfully used the service to obtain a grandparent's birth record and now need the record of a sibling of that grandparent. I was informed by someone on a different board that Italy places a restriction on vital records such that only someone in the direct line of descent is able to make a request . Can anybody tell me whether this is correct? If so, I will be unable to request the record of my grandfather's brother. Also, does anybody know whether I need an exact date when making the request -or is the year only good enough if I have the precise spelling of the name and place of residence ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Advice on obtaining birth record from online service

Post by adelfio »

First of all what town are you researching

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jkingb »

I am researching Forli-Cesena and possibly Torino. To clarify - I have a birth record circa 1888 with only the father's name. I am using the age stated on the record to estimate the birth year (of the father), but of course, it may be slightly off. Nevertheless, I would like to try to obtain his birth record. I do have the exact birthdate of a second child, whose record may possibly have the mother's name, but I am not sure whether I can make the request, as the relationship falls outside the direct line of descent.

For Torino, I have a name and birth year only. That relationship is direct..
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I have sent for birth records by using multiple years of birth like 1888-1892
Can you post the whole birth record for me to see and the Torino, name and birth year maybe I can help

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jkingb »

Thank you. I am having a hard time attaching a legible copy. Basically, it's a record from Cesena circa 1888, father
is listed as 31 years old, no mother noted. In Torino I am looking for Luigia Dossetto, born 23-10-1893.

Thanks for any help or advice.