Palmino DeTora

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Palmino DeTora

Postby demari18 » 05 Oct 2013, 02:18

Greetings,
I have just returned from a trip to Italy and met with my husband's second cousins. They told us that my husband's grandfather, Palmino DeTora, returned to Italy after he immigrated to America in 1906. Friends at Italiangenealogy.com found Palmino's passenger log entry for 1906 and I am hoping that someone will be able to find out if Palmino did return to Italy sometime between 1906 and when he died in 1941. I have checked Ellis Island and did not come up with anything.
Palmino was born in 1883 in Casale, Italy which is in Campania near Caserta. Thank you - DeMari
demari18
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Palmino DeTora

Postby erudita74 » 05 Oct 2013, 14:58

demari18 wrote:Greetings,
I have just returned from a trip to Italy and met with my husband's second cousins. They told us that my husband's grandfather, Palmino DeTora, returned to Italy after he immigrated to America in 1906. Friends at Italiangenealogy.com found Palmino's passenger log entry for 1906 and I am hoping that someone will be able to find out if Palmino did return to Italy sometime between 1906 and when he died in 1941. I have checked Ellis Island and did not come up with anything.
Palmino was born in 1883 in Casale, Italy which is in Campania near Caserta. Thank you - DeMari

There are no passenger lists from the U.S. to Italy. The only thing you can do is check with the town itself, as it may have a notation concerning the date he returned there. There are a number of towns and frazioni (hamlets) in the area with the word Casale in them, and I don't know which is the correct one to help you with contact info.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy