Abbreviation on Death Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ajcris13
Rookie
Rookie

Abbreviation on Death Certificate

Postby ajcris13 » 05 Oct 2013, 15:19

This is regarding the death registry of the city of Napoli 1810.

I have noticed that after the name of the deceased, sometimes the abbreviation of "di A.G.P." was used followed by the name of the location of this person. This abbreviation was not used all of the time; sometimes they would use "di" and the location. I wonder if anyone had an idea of what this abbreviation means and its usage.

Thanks

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Abbreviation on Death Certificate

Postby adelfio » 05 Oct 2013, 21:05

Can you leave a link to one of the death records

Grazie Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 05 Oct 2013, 21:37

ajcris13 wrote:This is regarding the death registry of the city of Napoli 1810.

I have noticed that after the name of the deceased, sometimes the abbreviation of "di A.G.P." was used followed by the name of the location of this person. This abbreviation was not used all of the time; sometimes they would use "di" and the location. I wonder if anyone had an idea of what this abbreviation means and its usage.

Thanks

I think it's an abbreviation for Ave Gratia Plena, a parish in Naples. It was also a reference for a wheel for abandoned children at a facility in Naples.

Erudita

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 06 Oct 2013, 00:33

erudita74 wrote:
ajcris13 wrote:This is regarding the death registry of the city of Napoli 1810.

Thanks

I think it's an abbreviation for Ave Gratia Plena, a parish in Naples. It was also a reference for a wheel for abandoned children at a facility in Naples.

Erudita

I want to add that, if you search on the Italian search engine www.virgilio.it, you will find that AGV and Ave Gratia Plena (which translates to "Hail full of grace" appears in connection with many Italian towns and not just churches in those towns. I am sure that this is what the abbreviation stands for.

Erudita

ajcris13
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ajcris13 » 19 Oct 2013, 17:24

Thank you this makes sense.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”