Salvatore Dilluvio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
trevisan2
Master
Master

Salvatore Dilluvio

Post by trevisan2 »

I have a friend that is asking for help with finding out where his great grandfather came from in Italy.
I I know is that Salvatore's father's name was Settimo
His mother's name was Rosalia LaPuma

Salvatore Dilluvio
emigrated to New York City in about 1912

The name may have been changed to Di Luvio at some point.

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Salvatore Dilluvio

Post by Bette »

If someone emigrated in 1912 and came through Ellis Island, the best place to find his place of birth is on the manifest. It would be a good to know the approximate age of the immigrant and if he was married or single at the time. So, when checking the Ellis Island web site for Salvatore Dilluvio, there actually are several entries. Maybe you have already checked this web site and couldn't actually find the right person based on the information you have. There is a good chance he came from Borgetto, Palermo, Sicily. But, you would need to actually find the correct Salvatore Dilluvio to be sure. If you are unable to find him, it could be due to a transcriber's error in the spelling of the last name. I like using the Steve Morse search form for Ellis Island, because of the versatile ways to search. Here is the site, in case you do not know it: http://stevemorse.org/

The manifests in this time period (circa 1912) provided some great information, such as name of nearest relative back home, final destination, the name of the person at the final destination, occupation, married or single and place of birth, to name a few.

Bette
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Trevisan, you can say us the birthdate, or almost the birthyear of the Salvatore that you are searching for?
Thanks,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, again me.
I found a birthact abt Salvatore DILLUVIO born in Borgetto on 13 Jan 1874 #13 (13=tredici in italian), son of Settimo DILLUVIO 25 old (son of Simone DILLUVIO) and of Rosalia LA PUMA ( daughter of late Carlo LA PUMA); marriage note: married in Borgetto on 24 Jan 1907 at Antonina PALERMO

birthact:
pag 1 https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1909010775
pag 2 https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1909010775

wife arrival:
First Name: Antonina
Last Name: Palermo Dillavio
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Borgetto, Sicily
Date of Arrival: Feb 03, 1915
Age at Arrival: 28y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Patria
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0016

travelling with Dilluvio children: Settimo 4 old, Rosalia 3 old, Andrea 1 old joining at husband Salvatore Dilluvio
pag 1 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016

pag 2 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016

This above records abt DILLUVIO ... they are abt the person that you are searching for?
Regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Great find on the birth act for Salvatore!!

I was looking at the marriage date of January 24, 1907 and would like to know what the date below it means of Sept 8, 1908.

I am sure the family will be greatly pleased to finally see the birth act for their great grandfather, as it was written.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Trevisan, this date " Sept 8, 1908", it is the date when the marriage note was written on Salvatore birth act..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
sdiluvio

Post by sdiluvio »

This is the correct family I am looking for. Salvatore and Antonina, son of Settimo & Rosealia LaPuma. I am trying to correct "family story" that the children of Salvatore and Antonina ... Settimo, (changed to Salvatore) Rosalia, (Rose)and Andreas, (Andrew) were born in NY. The passenger list says Antonina was traveling with her 3 children to the USA to meet her husband. Was she on a vacation trip to visit family or was this her first time to travel to NY? Is there an earlier passenger list of her traveling to NY? This says to me that Salvatore went to NY alone and sent for his wife and children later and they were born in Borgetto. This is going to be a revelation to the family. Ha...

Just for your information, their oldest son, Settimo, did not like his name and as a young child started calling himself Salvatore. There is no record I can find of him being called Settimo. I would never have known this if his sister, Rose, had not told me the story before her death. I would have been search for a missing child, if I did not have this info! ALSO... Salvatore Dilluvio changed the spelling of his name to DiLuvio. I saw somewhere on this forum years ago that the family was trying to find Salvatore Dilluvio but they lost him. BECAUSE OF THE CHANGE IN SPELLING.