Little Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
clockwork

Little Help

Post by clockwork »

I am trying to find out any information on one of my relatives. The only information I have on him is his Name is Domenico/Dominic... Premo/Primoneo/Primiomo born approx 1878 there might be other spellings for him. He was married to Joan/Giovina Spinagatti. He came to America in 1901 from Mozzagrogna Cheti, and she arrived in 1903 with child from Castel Frentono, Cheti . I have both manifest on them. I need any other information on that might be out there. When he was married. where he was born, where he died? I can find some information on her but next to none on him. Any and all help is appreciated.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Little Help

Post by Italysearcher »

You need to post the manifests. Maybe we can interpret the surnames better.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think your one surname is Primomo which is found in Mozzagrogna
Shipmanifest of Giovina Spinagatti LINE #13 going meet Husband Domencio in PA

PG LINK
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0013

MArty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
pressy24

Post by pressy24 »

What are the birth dates of the ancestors?
Tim
clockwork

Post by clockwork »

This is what I have on the wife with several errors. Last name spelled is wrong.

WIFE
-
Giovina Spinogatti
Name: Joan Prems_[Joan Spenogate] Birth Date: May 1879 Birth Place: Italy Death Date: 25 Oct 1934 Death
Place: Kistter, Logan, West Virginia Burial Date: 27 Oct 1934 Cemetery Name: Memorial Park Death Age: 56
years 4 months Race: White Marital Status: Married Gender: Female Father Name: Jack Spenogate Father Birth
Place: Italy FHL Film Number: 571279

Another source sent me this:
Attached to this email you can find 3 individual summaries for Domenico, Giovina and daughter Filomena.
Except for what you read in the summaries, I can tell you that most probably Giovina Spinogatti was from Guardiagrele, I bet his father's name was Giacomo, Maybe after marriage with Domenico they moved to Castelfrentano (about 10km from Guardiagrele). The original spelling of surnames is SPINOGATTI and PRIMONO.

This is about all I have on him. I can find almost nothing on him and I have sent Email request to Italy with no responces as well.

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0008

Sorry it took so long to get back on this been out of town. Thanks for all and any help provided.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote:I think your one surname is Primomo which is found in Mozzagrogna
Shipmanifest of Giovina Spinagatti LINE #13 going meet Husband Domencio in PA

PG LINK
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0013

MArty
I agree with Marty about PRIMOMO in Mozzagrogna :-)

The ship manifest you posted above for Domenico indicates that his last place of residence was Mozzagrogna (Province of Chieti, Abruzzo Region). Castel Frentano is about midway between Guardiagrele and Mozzagrogna...

Address to write to Mozzagrogna to request birth and marriage search/information...
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza San Rocco, 1
66030 Mozzagrogna (CH)
ITALY

Here is a listing for JOHN PRIMO in the 1930 US Census in Triadelphia, Logan, WV.
This person is identified as FEMALE... age is 51, was born in Italy, and states that he/she immigrated in 1902.

1930 United States Federal Census about John Primo
Name: John Primo (could this actually be Giovanna/Jennie??)
Birth Year: abt 1879
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1930: Triadelphia, Logan, West Virginia
Map of Home: View map
Marital Status: Married
Immigration Year: 1902
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household Members:
Name Age
John Primo 51
Domineck Primo 18
Dewey Primo 22
Angie Primo 21
Edville Primo 15
Avile Primo 12
Nonie Costell 53
Mickey Costell 14

T.
clockwork

Post by clockwork »

He came in 1901 and I belive she came in 1903 with the daughter. they went to Wimber PA then moved to this are in WV. there was 9 or 10 children. I am wondering if John was Domininc? She died in 1937 wondering were the rest of the children would be on this list and who are the costell's