translation - can you assist?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1

translation - can you assist?

Postby ray1955 » 25 Oct 2013, 04:08

Alacchi NATI ORDI 109
Alessandro Salvatore 1876 1904 1891 1648
Cipolla, Francesco & Giuseppe #247

In the year one thousand and eight hundred ninety one, on day 5 April at the hour 10 and minutes 20 in the town hall next to
me Rosario ARVOE_TO Andino Lindaeo (not sure of this name).

The civil status official Primaria Vallelunga and appearance Michela Alessi of years 54, ? domicile in vallelunga
I said that at hour 4 minutes _______, of 5 of _______month, the outgoing house ________ the number of Giuseppa Cammarata of
years 30 Weaver _________legitimate of Alessandro Alacchi of years 48, farmer __________resides in vallelunga and born a child
of sex male introduces me and who I alessandro salvatore to the above and to this act were witnesses Giovanni Cipolla, of years 45,
____________and Santi ________________of years 28, ________________both residents of this municipality.

There there is a whole paragraph I am unable to translate cause its handwritten.
The above blanks I can't make out. I believe the occupation is missing for Cipolla and Santi and the address of the home is missing.

I would like to use this for further birth certificates if I can get it properly translated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ray1955
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 260
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 03:04

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby adelfio » 25 Oct 2013, 05:01

ray1955 wrote:Alacchi NATI ORDI 109
Alessandro Salvatore 1876 1904 1891 1648
Cipolla, Francesco & Giuseppe #247

In the year one thousand and eight hundred ninety one, on day 5 April at 10:20AM at the town hall before me Rosario Andino mayor and civil official of Vallelunga appeared Michela Alessi age 54 midwife residing in Vallelunga
It is declared that at 4:00 AM on the 5th day of the current month in a house on via Cisteria that Giuseppa Cammarata age 30 weaver wife of Alessandro Alacchi age 48, farmer residing in vallelunga is born a baby of the male sex who is given the name Alessandro Salvatore to the above and to this act were witnessed and signed by Giovanni Cipolla, age 45,and Santi Tagliarini age 28both residents of said comune

There there is a whole paragraph I am unable to translate cause its handwritten.
The husband was absent at the time of the birth

I would like to use this for further birth certificates if I can get it properly translated.


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby erudita74 » 25 Oct 2013, 05:46

the occupation of the two witnesses was civile-landowner

the street was via Cisterna-house without a number

Handwritten section is as follows:

La dichiarante ha denunciato la nascita suddetta per avere nella sua suindicata qualita` prestato i sussidi dell'arte sua nell'atto del parto ed in luogo del marito ALACCHI il quale non ha potuto denunciato perche assente

Letto il presente atto a tutti gli'intervenuti. l'hanno meco firmato meno la dichiarante che disse non sapere

Basically, the informant (the midwife) announced the birth instead of the husband, as he was absent and was unable to.

The last part-I (referring to the town official) read the present act to all who intervened. The witnesses together with the town official signed the document. The informant did not, as she said she did not know how to.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2526
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby ray1955 » 25 Oct 2013, 06:04

Thank you both for this information. Marty I am so excited I sent a letter to the only person in the phone book in Vallelunga with my surname. This person emailed me and although not related, she has given my information to another women who did some research at the church and a priest told her that I am of the family of Fortunato.
Fortunato as you know from my earlier research is a GREAT GREAT GREAT Grandfather married to Maria Giuseppa Cammarata. This women has spoken to two SPOTOS related to me and she said she will get me their information and some pictures will follow. WOW
ray1955
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 260
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 03:04

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby ray1955 » 25 Oct 2013, 15:29

HELLO anyone out there LOL .......I have two computers set up one is doing my Italian to English translations.

I am trying to do another document and using the last one you translated I am at a miss. As an example the one above you have identified the lady is a midwife however looking over the document I am not seeing the word
I see the Michela Alessi and after that is a date of sorts. I am not seeing where it says she is a midwife.
I dont suppose you could write in red above the words what they mean as the document is printed?

I appreciate the translation but I would like to be able to do this myself and am trying to learn. I have so many to translate I dont want to keep posting them here for someone else to work. I really appreciate you guys its amazing how you can do this. I am just asking I hope you understand.
ray1955
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 260
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 03:04

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby adelfio » 25 Oct 2013, 18:38

ray1955 wrote:HELLO anyone out there LOL .......I have two computers set up one is doing my Italian to English translations.

I am trying to do another document and using the last one you translated I am at a miss. As an example the one above you have identified the lady is a midwife however looking over the document I am not seeing the word
I see the Michela Alessi and after that is a date of sorts. I am not seeing where it says she is a midwife.
I dont suppose you could write in red above the words what they mean as the document is printed?

I appreciate the translation but I would like to be able to do this myself and am trying to learn. I have so many to translate I dont want to keep posting them here for someone else to work. I really appreciate you guys its amazing how you can do this. I am just asking I hope you understand.


Levatrice=Midwife


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby ray1955 » 25 Oct 2013, 19:57

THANKS Marty !!! how is that new born doing?

Marty - on the time factor for presenting a child to the Mayor my understanding is if the hours 1 to 12
it will be AM but when you go 1300 - 2300 "military time"....it will then be PM is this correct as I find it
hard to believe someone would present a child at 2am in the morning.

Ray
ray1955
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 260
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 03:04

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby adelfio » 25 Oct 2013, 22:18

ray1955 wrote:THANKS Marty !!! how is that new born doing?

Marty - on the time factor for presenting a child to the Mayor my understanding is if the hours 1 to 12
it will be AM but when you go 1300 - 2300 "military time"....it will then be PM is this correct as I find it
hard to believe someone would present a child at 2am in the morning.

Ray

Older records yes on the military time but a lot of later records are am/pm
a ore ante=am/ a ore po=pm
The child was presented at 10:20 am and born at 4:00 am that morning

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby ray1955 » 25 Oct 2013, 22:56

Thanks Marty I can understand that the book is confusing thanks for clearing that up for me.
ray1955
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 260
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 03:04

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby adelfio » 25 Oct 2013, 23:13

ray1955 wrote:Thanks Marty I can understand that the book is confusing thanks for clearing that up for me.


Martino Giovanni Adelfio IV is doing fine Ray

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: translation - can you assist?

Postby ray1955 » 25 Oct 2013, 23:51

That is wonderful Marty !!! So glad to hear this.
ray1955
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 260
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 03:04


11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 13 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.