Occupation" Sieve Maker " ????

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Occupation" Sieve Maker " ????

Postby ray1955 » 26 Oct 2013, 18:29

I understood my Great Grandfather was a Sieve Maker however I dont see this occupation in my book nor do I have it coming up in translator does anyone know what this translates too?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1633608031
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ray1955
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 260
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 03:04

Re: Occupation" Sieve Maker " ????

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Oct 2013, 18:42

Crivellatore --> jigger
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4015
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: Rome, Italy

Re: Occupation" Sieve Maker " ????

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Oct 2013, 17:18

And this site has Crivellatore defined as a Sieve Maker/Tailor :?
How are those two occupations related????

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... cupati.htm


Livio - your thoughts?

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 9013
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Occupation" Sieve Maker " ????

Postby liviomoreno » 28 Oct 2013, 18:02

Tessa78 wrote:And this site has Crivellatore defined as a Sieve Maker/Tailor :?
How are those two occupations related????

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... cupati.htm


Livio - your thoughts?

T.


I've seen both Sieve maker and Jigger but I actually don't know what a crivelletore is supposed to do :(
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4015
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: Rome, Italy

Re: Occupation" Sieve Maker " ????

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Oct 2013, 22:27

liviomoreno wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:And this site has Crivellatore defined as a Sieve Maker/Tailor :?
How are those two occupations related????

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... cupati.htm


Livio - your thoughts?

T.


I've seen both Sieve maker and Jigger but I actually don't know what a crivelletore is supposed to do :(


Would you believe... I was directed to the following link when doing a google search of "crivellatore" - and here you are, Livio, with some great information about the possible derivation of the word! :-)

topic15356.html

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 9013
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Occupation" Sieve Maker " ????

Postby liviomoreno » 29 Oct 2013, 08:15

Tessa78 wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:And this site has Crivellatore defined as a Sieve Maker/Tailor :?
How are those two occupations related????

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... cupati.htm


Livio - your thoughts?

T.


I've seen both Sieve maker and Jigger but I actually don't know what a crivelletore is supposed to do :(


Would you believe... I was directed to the following link when doing a google search of "crivellatore" - and here you are, Livio, with some great information about the possible derivation of the word! :-)

topic15356.html

T.


ALZHEIMER :?: :D :?: :D :?:
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4015
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: Rome, Italy


6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.