Vaccaro and Carlucci family help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DeCarlo-Vaccaro

Vaccaro and Carlucci family help

Post by DeCarlo-Vaccaro »

Please help if you can. My great-grandfather was Leonardo Vaccaro, born in Avigliano on Sept. 13, 1880. He traveled with his wife Kathrina (Carlucci)Vaccaro (on their honeymoon?? to New York possibly November 1901?? and at some point opened a grocery store in Port Chester called Vaccaro's. Leonardo's parents were Michael Vaccaro and Angelina Marie (Carlucci)? Great-grandmother Kathrina was born March 4, 1880? and passed away October 30, 1918. Her parents were Vito and Marie Joanne Carlucci. I'm not sure if the spelling is correct on my great-grandmother's first name. I'm using the only resource I've found for her which is the 1910 census. Everyone listed here should have been born in Avigliano.
The 1910 census lists their family as a resident of Westchester, and the following information: Leonard Vaccaro 30, Kathrina Vaccaro 29, Angelina 8, Michael 6, Maria 4, John 2. Additional children before Kathrina's untimely death were Madeline, Vita Crenceza (Sadie), Anne, and Antoinette, who was my grand-mother.
I just cannot to find any information on my Great-Grandmother or her family in Avigliano. Can anyone help me please?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Vaccaro and Carlucci family help

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Caterina Carlucci
INDEX#311
1880 May 4th in the town of Avigliano birth of Caterina Carlucci daughter of Vito Donato Carlucci age 36 farmer and Maria Giovanna Carlucci farmer
Sidenote says she married Leonardo Vaccaro on Oct 20th 1900

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n410834382

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Leonardo Vaccaro and Caterina Carlucci
INDEX#121
1900 Oct 20th in the town of Avigliano appeared Leonardo Vaccaro age 21 farmer born and residing in Avigliano son of Michele Vaccaro and Angela Maria Carlucci married Caterina Carlucci age 20 farmer born and residing in Avigliano daughter of Vito Donato Carlucci and Maria Giovanna Carlucci

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1870693154

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Vito Donato Carlucci and Maria Giovanna Carlucci (Caterina"s parents)
INDEX#43
1871 April 12th in the town of Avigliano appeared Vito Donato Carlucci age 27 son of Nocola Carlucci and deceased Caterina Sabia married Maria Giovanna Carlucci age 20 daughter of Vito Carlucci and Anna D'Andrea

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
DeCarlo-Vaccaro

Wow Marty! You just helped so much! I really appreciate it! Caterina died of the influenza when my Grandmother was 18months old. My grandmother always had a saddness that she never "knew" her mother. So I am on a journey to find out as much as I can, in her memory! If you come across anything else on the family, please let me know. God bless you for your help!

Geri
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Michele Vaccaro and Angela Maria Carlucci (parents of Leonardo)
INDEX#37
1873 Jan 29th in the town of Avigliano appeared Michele Vaccaro age 22 son of Angelo Vito Vaccaro and Cresenzia Sabato married Angela Maria Carlucci age 19 daughter of Leonardo Carluccci and Domenica Gerardi

PG LINK TO RECORD

IF YOU LOOK INTO THE DEATH RECORDS OF AVIGLIANO ON FAMILY SEARCH YOU CAN PROBALLY GET BACK FURTHER
Marty

Marty
DeCarlo-Vaccaro

Is there any documentation as to the date and the name of the ship that took Leonardo Vaccaro and Caterina (Carlucci) Vaccaro from Italy to New York? My grandmother thought they traveled possibly in November in the early 1900s. Thank you so much!!!
DeCarlo-Vaccaro

Thank you so much! I tried to look up records with no success on familysearch.org Not sure why I can't seem to pull anything up. Was trying to find out when Leonardo Vaccaro and his wife Caterina (Carlucci)Vaccaro came to America, what port, what ship. It should have been in 1901 give or take a year or two and they ended up in Port Chester, NY. I found a Caterina I thought was a match based on age, but it wasn't her and no Leonardo in site. I'm pretty sure they came over when she was pregnant with their first child (Angelina)born February 1902.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death of Angelo Vito Vaccaro (1812) (Father of Michele Vaccaro(1851) (father of Leonardo Vaccaro (1879)

INDEX#153
1881 April 8th a 5:00 AM in the town of Avigliano death of Angelo Vito Vaccaro age 69 farmer born and residing in Avigliano son of deceased Giuseppe Rocco Vaccaro and deceased Maria Lorusso and husband of deceased wife Cresenzia Sabato

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1676039175

Marty

Marty