Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Katalina

Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello

Post by Katalina »

O.k., thanks. I think that I understand better. Correct me if I'm wrong. The website exists so that those who are more professional, or perhaps actively working for LDS can help those looking for information, and in the meantime add the information to the LDS databases. Looking for this family in the 1930 census by street address is only something that you would have the tools to do, and not something that I (with my membership to ancestry.com) am able to do myself, correct? Thanks for your time and help, Katalina
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

The website exists so that those who are more professional, or perhaps actively working for LDS can help those looking for information, and in the meantime add the information to the LDS databases.
No. This site is not connected to the LDS. Though we encourage people researching their families to order film from LDS Family History Center... Maybe you got confused a comment I made... here we are called “forum membersâ€Â
Katalina

Post by Katalina »

mfjp,
I'm afraid in trying to clarify my own understanding I have offended you. That is one disadvantage to email. Things can sometimes be read a different way than the way they are intended. I do appreciate your help, and please forgive me if I offended you.

Let me clarify. I am not opposed to Mormons. The LDS have probably contributed more to genealogical research than any other single group.

The reason I assumed that someone was adding to a database, was the offer to look for something that I had would have had access to myself. While I greatly appreciate help and advice from people with more experience in doing research than I have (which is most people doing genealogy--- since I've only been at it for a year) I don't expect anyone to do my research for me if it is something I can do myself.

I personally feel that if I have access to the information, and I ask someone else to do it for me, that would be lazy of me. What I really appreciate is the way you gave me the guidelines to look for the information myself. I am rather new to ancesty.com and there are a lot of things I have not figured out about using the site yet.

If the information that I am looking for would be of help to anyone else, if I am able to find it, I'll be glad to post here. Please let me know. Thank you for your help, and again, I hope there is no offense taken.
Katalina
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

I hope there is no offense taken.
none at all.... just wasn't sure why the LDS became part of the conversation.
I personally feel that if I have access to the information, and I ask someone else to do it for me, that would be lazy of me.
No way!! I asked another forum member to help me look for someone from my own family, and she was there in a flash helping me out. I did feel somewhat intimidated though as I felt I should do this myself... but when there are a new set of eyes looking, different methods, things can be uncovered.

I really hope you can find Albertina in the 1930 census, and if you do find her please let us know how badly her surname was transcribed... and if you can't find her please let us know... I and others certainly don't mind looking.

Take care,
maria