The Zingales Family of Mirto, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

The Zingales Family of Mirto, Sicily

Postby siskojnash » 13 Dec 2013, 04:20

I'd really like to find out about the Zingales family of Mirto, Sicily. Unfortunately, I only have one name, as far as an Italy connection goes. His name is Joseph Zingales. He was born on December 8, 1891 in Mirto and died on August 31, 1976 in Brooklyn, New York. He emigrated on July 21, 1913, married Rosaria Domenica Castrovinci in New York on September 2, 1926, and was naturalized on May 13, 1939. My information came from the Ellis Island document and the naturalization document. His mother's name might have been Louisa Pirotta, who lived in Mirto, according to the passenger list. Her brother apparently lived in the U.S. and Joseph was going to stay with him. I couldn't read the names on this passenger list very well. I don't suppose there would be a birth record for Joseph online. I've never seemed to have much luck yet in tracing this family.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: The Zingales Family of Mirto, Sicily

Postby adelfio » 13 Dec 2013, 05:15

The index of births for Mirto shows Index#83 1891 birth of Giuseppe Zingales son of Giovanni Zingales and Teresa Pirotta and his sister
Index#4 1894 birth of Concetta Zingales daughter of Giovanni Zingales and Teresa Pirotta. Just the index is online no birth acts yet heres the link
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1756742893

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: The Zingales Family of Mirto, Sicily

Postby siskojnash » 13 Dec 2013, 05:28

Thank you so much! Do you suppose any of them emigrated to the U.S.?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”