Introduction and request (ww2 soldier)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hjdanzi

Introduction and request (ww2 soldier)

Postby hjdanzi » 14 Dec 2013, 19:19

Hello everyone, my name is Hernán Danzi and Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Im glad that I found this place but its my first time on it, so please I beg you guys be gentle with me since im not familiar with the site. Thanks for providing this beautiful tool to learn and search.

So,

I really want to find information about an Italian ww2 soldier who fought 5 years on it and survived. Now I know that he survived the war and died very old in Argentina, but I cant find information about his military records like, in what battalion he fought, grade, medals, or anything related.

His name was Antonino Figuccio, he was born in Trapani the 22nd of March 1920. He came to Argentina the November 16th 1947 from Genova in a ship called SANTA FE. That's everything I know.

If someone can help me find information I will deeply appreciate it. Btw, is there any list of Italian soldiers that fought in ww2? Thanks in advance,

Hernán

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Introduction and request (ww2 soldier)

Postby adelfio » 15 Dec 2013, 15:01

Hi and welcome to IG website. If your sure Antonino Figuccio was from the town of Trapani you can send for his military record which will have the information you seek. I would email for your request first

Ufficio leva
Archivio di Stato di Trapani
Via Libertà 35
91100 Trapani (TP)
Italy
E-mail: as-tp@beniculturali.it

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI TRAPANI
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Antonino Figuccio classe di nascita 1920.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito registro di leva o registro dei foglie matricolari di:Antonino Figuccio nato a Trapani il 1920.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

hjdanzi

Postby hjdanzi » 15 Dec 2013, 18:07

Wow marty! Thanks a lot, i deeply appreciate it. Ive couldnt have asked for a more complete answer. Youve done preety much all the work for me, thanks a millon.

I only have one last question, if they confirm to have by email that military record, what does they need to send me by postal mail the information? Like, do you have to pay? Do you need to proove that you are relative? Etc. Thanks again

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 16 Dec 2013, 14:37

They will contact you by email or mail and let you know the information

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

hjdanzi

Postby hjdanzi » 17 Dec 2013, 03:05

Thanks once again. You've been incredibly helpful. I wish I could help you sometime too. Best regards,

Return to “Italian Genealogy”