Torino di Sangro/Pennsylvania; Cannone/Polidori

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Joye2013

Torino di Sangro/Pennsylvania; Cannone/Polidori

Postby Joye2013 » 17 Dec 2013, 23:06

Hello. I am doing some genealogy research for a friend and I was hoping that someone might be able to help. I thank you in advance for your time reading my long-winded post, I just thought it would be helpful to include the information that I had dug up.

First the facts that were known:
Her ancestors came from Torino di Sangro and settled in Latrobe, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania. Her ancestor was Ida Cannone whose mother was Elisabeth Polidoro. Elisabeth had children Ida, Anna, and Paul (whose last names were Cannone) before marrying husband Matteo DiMinno.

Evidence that I have accumulated:
I found a ship manifest from 1918 (the Canopic) that has Elisabetta Polidoro, Ida Cannone, Annina Cannone, and Paolo-Antonio traveling from Torino di Sangro (through Naples) to Latrobe, Pennsylvania (through Boston). Her father's name was stated as Eleuterio from Torino di Sangro and it also stated that Elisabetta would be joining friend Adele d'Alessandre.
I also found a ship manifest from 1912 (the Sant' Anna) that has Elisabetta Polidoro, Guiseppina Cannone, Ida Cannone, and Annina Cannone traveling from Torino di Sangro (through Naples) to Latrobe, Pennsylvania (through Boston). She would be joining husband Antonio (hand-written, may be something else) Cannone.

I feel that both of these Elisabettas are the same, though the children's ages are a little different between both manifests. If this is the case and if she is the Elizabeth that I am looking for, I would have to conclude that Antonio(?) is Ida's father. (There is an Antonio Cannone who is buried at St. Vincent Cemetery and died 1913, according to pa-roots.com.)

My questions:
Does anyone know anything about these families and/or have knowledge that either proves or disproves my assumptions? Does anyone have any access to Torino di Sangro records that might show an Elisabetta Polidoro/Antonio Cannone marriage or the births of Ida, Annina, and Paolo-Antonio.

Thank you again for any help that anyone can provide.

Joye2013

Re: Torino di Sangro/Pennsylvania; Cannone/Polidori

Postby Joye2013 » 18 Dec 2013, 11:28

Oh, and I do have some research done for the Ciocchi (Chiocchi) name in Latrobe, PA, who were also from Torino di Sangro, and a little information on the DiMinno name, if anyone is looking.

LoriD

Re: Torino di Sangro/Pennsylvania; Cannone/Polidori

Postby LoriD » 10 Jan 2015, 11:03

I'm Ida's grandchild. I would love to speak with you.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”