Gaetano Spoto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Gaetano Spoto

Postby ray1955 » 27 Dec 2013, 14:43

What I know from a book written in Vallelunga Italy and provided by a cousin of mine from Vallelunga.

Gaetano Spoto Immigrated to US. This is what I have from the book.
Father was Cassandro Spoto mother was Carmela Tagliarinia (attaching document so you can see it).
It says he was a Tailor and married 17 June 1888 to a Maria Barcia.
Says he died at a young age of 28 on 14 Mar 1898.

Since he migrated they would have had to get information from USA to enter into the book as he would have died in the US, correct? I found two Gaetano's in Ancestry however they couldn't not have been the same one as the ages don't jive. Would like to know if someone can tell me if they can locate his immigration information so I can search US for records?

Sorry couldn't add the image for some reason. So I did an extract for his parents and his information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gaetano Spoto

Postby adelfio » 27 Dec 2013, 21:25

I believe he was married twice because Maria Barcia died in 1898 in Vallelunga and he was in the US in 1894 and had this daughter Clara Spoto with his second wife I think this possible him he is listed as a widower and birth date is close

Gaitano Spoto, "United States Census, 1930"
Name: Gaitano Spoto
Titles and Terms:
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1930
Event Place: Fredonia, Chautauqua, New York, United States
District: 0087
Marital Status: Widowed
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Birth Year (Estimated): 1859
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1894
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
PG LINK TO CENSUS ... rnBrowsing

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Re: Gaetano Spoto

Postby ray1955 » 27 Dec 2013, 22:18

Marty I understand but according to vallelunga book he died when he was 28 years old.
Its the picture of the book I believe number 62 that I sent you. about 3/4 of the way down the page. See if you agree that this guy can't be him. I believe he married at 18 or 19 and that was 1888 and died 1898.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”