Salvatore Pignanelli -Cuccuri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
FamiliaNano2013

Salvatore Pignanelli -Cuccuri

Postby FamiliaNano2013 » 29 Dec 2013, 18:45

Hello,
I have been doing family geneology for many years but only in the U.S. My maternal grandfather's name was Salvatore Pigannelli and he was from the town of Cuccuri. His father's was Francesco and his mother's name was Rosa Silletta. My grandfather emigrated through Ellis Island and settled in West Virginia, most of his life in Boomer, Fayette County. .

He was nauralized in May of 1964, three years before his death. He was a coalminer by trade and was married twice that I know of. He had brothers and a sister in Cuccuri, but his sister came to the US as well. Her name was Filomena, I believe, and was married to Michangelo Marullo, also from Cuccuri,I believe. My grandfather's name was shortened to Sam Pinion (Penion) upon entry to the US at the age of 17 in 1912.

Two of his siblings names were John and Luis and their children I believe remained in Italy. If anyone can help me locate information about my grandfather's family especially my great grandparents, would be a treasure to me. Grazia!

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Salvatore Pignanelli -Cuccuri

Postby adelfio » 29 Dec 2013, 20:34

Hi and welcome to IG website I believe your Salvatore Pignanelli came from Caccuri a commune and town in the province of Crotone in Calabria, southern Italy (The province of Crotone was created in 1993. Before 1993 Crotone was part of the province of Catanzaro)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”