Problems with uploading photos to Post Image

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Problems with uploading photos to Post Image

Postby rp76226 » 31 Dec 2013, 19:04

Ever since I upgraded to Internet Explorer 11, I have had many problems. Don't do it if prompted! However, even Google Chrome is giving me a problem uploading photos to Post image so that I can give the photo link here. No matter how small I specify the upload to be, I receive the error message that my file size is too big. The file size is 6.24MB. I saved this Italian marriage document from the Mormon website of Italian digitalized records. Any suggestions. I've added the website to 'compatibility' on IE 11 (which incidentally only holds it there for one session, then drops it again).
Ron

PS I would like to go back to IE10 but first I would have to uninstall IE11 which would lost my hundreds of bookmarks. How can I avoid that?

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Problems with uploading photos to Post Image

Postby adelfio » 31 Dec 2013, 21:30

Theres been a lot of problems with Google search and IE 11 its more than compatibility problems. I had to go to bing which seems to work the best with IE 11. Your problem with postimage is the file size to big got to crop it to use postimage some times right around a 1 meg is the limit

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

rp76226
Master
Master

Re: Problems with uploading photos to Post Image

Postby rp76226 » 31 Dec 2013, 22:43

On the Postimage, I cropped it originally from the digitalized Italian records from the Mormon website as I have done many times before without a problem. Now when I browse, it won't even recognize the photos in my folder (folder looks blank)even though they are all JPEG. I was able to print the document, scan it into my computer, and then upload it. Not the way I want to keep doing it.
On IE 11, despite the fact that I am on IE 11, it keeps giving me messages on the top of the screen to upgrade to IE 11 and Bing. I hate Microsoft!!! They never get out the bugs before they foist it on unknowing users. Do you know how to fix?
Ron

Return to “Italian Genealogy”