Please help! Certificates from Trieste/Canfanaro needed!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
recchi

Please help! Certificates from Trieste/Canfanaro needed!

Postby recchi » 09 Jan 2014, 12:58

Hi all,

I am currently in search of birth certificates for both my grandparents and also a marriage certificate for their marriage.

I have my grandfather listed as born 1920 in Trieste, Italy, and my grandmother born 1923 in Canfanaro, Polov, Italy on my father's birth certificate. My father was born here in Australia, and I also have managed to find migration documents through the local archives here in Australia. They married in 1953 although I haven't been able to define a location for this.

Would anyone have any ideas on where to ask? I'd like to apply for dual citizenship.

Thank you for your help,

James

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Please help! Certificates from Trieste/Canfanaro needed!

Postby pink67 » 09 Jan 2014, 15:19

Hi James,

are these your grandparents?

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/scripts/ ... ?B=1425149

If these are the correct persons then he was born on 3 august 1920 in Romans d'Isonzo (Gorizia Province) she was born on 7 may 1923 in Canfanaro d'Istria , they married on 18 october 1953

Laura

recchi

Postby recchi » 09 Jan 2014, 21:09

pink67 wrote:Hi James,

are these your grandparents?

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/scripts/ ... ?B=1425149

If these are the correct persons then he was born on 3 august 1920 in Romans d'Isonzo (Gorizia Province) she was born on 7 may 1923 in Canfanaro d'Istria , they married on 18 october 1953

Laura

Hi Laura, thanks for your reply.

Yes that is them. The archives in Australia has some great information on their migration, however for dual citizenship I believe you need birth certificates of both grandfather and grandmother as well as marriage?

Where shall I go to get these?

Regards,

James

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 10 Jan 2014, 09:02

Hi James,

you have to ask for copies of their birth acts and marriage to the town hall office of Romans d'Isonzo and Canfanaro (which is in Croazia state)...
Better for you to ask helkp in this section of the forum:

emigration.html

Laura

Return to “Italian Genealogy”