Paternoster

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nickem88

Paternoster

Postby nickem88 » 20 Jan 2014, 01:36

I am trying to find information about my father's family. The last name I'm looking for is Paternoster. I know my great grandfather came over from Italy in the early 1900's but I don't know where in Italy he came from. His name is Joseph Paternoster. And he lived in the Hazleton Pa area when he came to the usa.i can find information about him in the 1930's census for Hazleton pa but nothing be before that. Any help will be gratefully appreciate.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Paternoster

Postby adelfio » 20 Jan 2014, 18:28

Possible ship manifest of Giuseppe Paternoster 1900 Feb 27th coming from CASTELFONDO, Trentino in the northern Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol going to Pennsylvania

PG LINK TO MANIFEST LINE#25
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0025

POSSIBLE BAPTISMAL RECORD
Name: GIUSEPPE
Last name/Family name: PATERNOSTER
Father’s name: GIOVANNI
Mother’s name: MARIA
Mother's family name: MARCHETTI
Year of birth: 31/10/1879
Parish: CASTELFONDO - S. Nicolò

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Paternoster

Postby Tessa78 » 20 Jan 2014, 19:52

adelfio wrote:Possible ship manifest of Giuseppe Paternoster 1900 Feb 27th coming from CASTELFONDO, Trentino in the northern Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol going to Pennsylvania

PG LINK TO MANIFEST LINE#25
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0025

Marty

At the time of this trip, Trento-Alto Adige/Suditrol region was part of Austria-Hungary [was annexed by Italy in 1919].
You will notice on the manifest that Marty posted, that Giuseppe lists his nationality as "Austria" - keep that in mind while searching :-)

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”