Chiuchiolo Family Name

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Chiuchiolo Family Name

Post by ptimber »

If you began your search 2 years ago hen please tell me what you research to date so that we don\'t re=invent the wheel so to speak. I am sure you checked ellis island records but perhaps they came thru Boston and since you don\'t say much about their entry into the USA neither can I say much back. If you do not know the town of origin then please let me know ,at least the province so that there is some connection soemwhere. The surname does notappear to be in the Italian surname ditrectory which would be a strong indiation that is is local in origin and tied to the town of origin in some way. Please get back to me with entry data into the USA and Italy relatives or documents that you wish. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Chiuchiolo Family Name

Post by ptimber »

The best way to go is obtaining the microlfim at the Mormon church Family History Library nearest your home and request their Microlfim#1324974 or 1205456 which is the alphabetical index of passengers arriving in Boston from 1902-1920 which should cover (if not let me know if the eyars are not good) their arrival in Boston. Tese catalog # are nbased upon the National Archives microlfim of immigrant and passenger arrivals and in youir case for Chiuchiolo is T521-2 and corresponds to the Mormon microfilm above. You can also just file a form 81 with National Archives giving them the NARA# and if they come up with the answer you pay them about $18.00. iF THEY DO NOT COME UP WITH AN ANSWER IT IS FREE.. Go to wwwgenealogylookups.com/narchives.htm for the Form 81. Your choice. When you get the microfil for the passenger arrival and see from what town they are from then you can ask the FHLibrarian for the microfilm for that town in Italy like births, deaths marriages etc and you can get information on the town and your relatives on the microfil but be prerpared to read old italian script and bring a spyglass with you. Peter
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Chiuchiolo Family Name

Post by Edmondo »

Can the correct spelling be Chiucchiolo ?
<BR>If yes, I have some info about 3 persons who Immigrated to the USA from Sant\'Arcangelo (potenza).
<BR>
<BR>
Tandem fit surculus arbor
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

Chiuchiolo Family Name

Post by Marco »

Try this
<BR>SANT\'ARCANGELO TRIMONTE, province of Benevento (BN) region Campania, postal code 82021.
<BR>There are 14 Chiuchiolo\'s, 4 Pagliuso\'s and one Lebruto listed in the phone directory (check at www.paginebianche.it).
<BR>Good luck!
<BR>Marco, Milano, Italy (\'til Christmas in Grand Rapids, MI)
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Chiuchiolo Family Name

Post by Edmondo »

I have to say that I asumed it was Sant\'Arcangelo in Potenza not knowing of Sant\'Arcangelo Trimonte in Benevento. Reading Marco\'s info I think this sounds much better then mine.
<BR>
<BR>Good work Marco!
Tandem fit surculus arbor