Email from Commune in Italy - Help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Email from Commune in Italy - Help!

Postby emmyc » 05 Feb 2014, 15:37

I received the following email in response to my request for my GGF's birth certificate. Some information redacted for privacy reasons.

Ciao, sono Vincenzo Musto- Ufficiale di stato Civile e di Anagrafe del Comune di -------. Ho rintracciato l'atto di nascita da Te richiesto ed a breve lo invierò per posta. Vi è solo un'anomalia per quanto riguarda il cognome, in quanto sull'atto di nascita il cognome è Raffo mentre sull'atto di morte che abbiamo registrato nell'anno 2004 al n. 25 parte 2 Serie C per il decesso venuto in data data --.--.1963 il cognome è Raffa. Ho pensato che forse è più opportuno 'identificazione con il cognome Raffa, altrimenti potresti avere problemi per la cittadinanza italiana. Prima della spedizione del certificato aspetto una Tua risposta a questo indirizzo email.

So as far as I understand it, my GGF's birth certificate has "Raffo" as the last name, but when my aunt did the paperwork in 2004, his death was recorded under Raffa, which is the name my family currently uses and the one that all subsequent paperwork is under. I'm not entirely sure what he's asking me though. Is he going to change the name on the certificate he sends me? Suggestions on how to reply?
emmyc

Re: Email from Commune in Italy - Help!

Postby suanj » 05 Feb 2014, 16:44

The clerk said that the birth certificate will be sent soon..
Just he ask you that on the death act recorded in the italian birth commune the surname spelling is Raffa instead of "Raffo" right... now he think that maybe you can have problem for your dual citizenship application....
So please let it now if you wish the birth certificate with surname Raffo or Raffa....
as soon he will receive your reply, he will send the birth certificate..... just please ro specify is you wish Raffo or Raffa on the birth certificate....

suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Email from Commune in Italy - Help!

Postby Italysearcher » 05 Feb 2014, 21:58

How great! A Comune with a heart!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505
Italysearcher
Master
Master

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy