Coletta, DiGiovanni Families, from Conca Casale

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Coletta, DiGiovanni Families, from Conca Casale

Postby tinarizkallah » 19 Feb 2014, 22:50

Hi Everyone,
I've been researching my family genealogy for several years now and have hit every road block possible when searching for my grandmother's family. My GGrandfather was Gabriele DiGiovanni and according to his Rhode Island death certificate he was born in the year 1874 in Conca Casale. His father's name was Domenico DiGiovanni. His mother's name was not listed. My GGrandmother was Concetta Coletta, born in Conca Casale in 1871 to Francesco & Benedetta Coletta. Sometime in the late 1800's they left Italy and traveled to Belgium. According to their Ellis Island records they sailed out of Rotterdam in 1903. Unfortunately both my great grandparent died young and no one can remember any of our Italian family history. Can anyone tell me where I can find late 19th century records for the Conca Casale area?
tinarizkallah

Re: Coletta, DiGiovanni Families, from Conca Casale

Postby Italysearcher » 19 Feb 2014, 23:35

Prior to 1865 they can be found on microfilm from www.familysearch.org. You have to order them from the catalog, they are not on line. After 1865 you will have to request the records from the town of Conca Casale.
Tips on searching the films and translations can be found on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505
Italysearcher
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy