Birth Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Birth Record

Postby kgp70282 » 06 Mar 2014, 19:51

My Great Grandmother Anna Yannatell was born in Nesquehoning, Pa on July 26, 1894 I wanted to get a copy of her Birth record if possible assistance would greatly be appreciated

Re: Birth Record

Postby alvyarin » 07 Mar 2014, 01:36

I searched the records on but couldn't find any birth certificates for someone of that name (even tried just "Anna" with the correct date and location). Is everything correct? does have lots of records, and you can do a free trial for 30 days to search for genealogy information.

Re: Birth Record

Postby adelfio » 07 Mar 2014, 14:08

I thing you might have to write or email for her birth record to Carbon County PA name could be under Yannatelli or Iannatelli I would call this number and see how to go about getting the birth record

Courthouse Archivist/Records Coordinator: Nancy Davidovich
Phone: (570)325-5713
Fax: (570)325-9493

The registration of births and deaths in Carbon County began in 1894. These births and deaths were recorded in booklets divided by borough or townships kept by the Clerk of Orphan's Court. The birth records include the full name of the child, sex, and color (race), date and place of birth, full name of the father and mother, and the father's occupation. Unfortunately for genealogists, only the mother's first name is given on these records, not her full maiden name.

The death records also kept in booklet form contain the name of the deceased, sex, color (race), age, marital status, place of birth and occupation, date and cause of death, address of the deceased, name of the cemetery and date of interment, and parents' names for minor children only.

For Birth and Death records after 1905 one must make application to the Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records, Room 1009, 1400 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (215-560-3054).

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Return to “Italian Genealogy”