Need help translating note on birth record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sleone1981
Rookie
Rookie

Need help translating note on birth record

Postby sleone1981 » 09 Mar 2014, 16:03

This is the birth record of my great-great grandmother's sister. There is a long note at the bottom after the names of the witnesses. I was hoping someone would translate it for me as it seems to reference my great-great-great grandmother.

Giuseppa Scaccia birth record.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Need help translating note on birth record

Postby erudita74 » 09 Mar 2014, 16:16

sleone1981 wrote:This is the birth record of my great-great grandmother's sister. There is a long note at the bottom after the names of the witnesses. I was hoping someone would translate it for me as it seems to reference my great-great-great grandmother.

Giuseppa Scaccia birth record.png

It just says that the informant announced the birth above in place of the infant's father, as he was far from the country.

The last statement is just that the town official read the act to all who had intervened, but he was the only one who signed the document, as the others were illiterate and could not.

Erudita

sleone1981
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sleone1981 » 09 Mar 2014, 16:21

Perhaps the father was in the United States. Members of the family traveled back and forth quite a bit around this time period.

Thank you!

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 09 Mar 2014, 16:40

sleone1981 wrote:Perhaps the father was in the United States. Members of the family traveled back and forth quite a bit around this time period.

Thank you!

It's very possible he was in the U.S.but the record just states he was away from the country. I have one ancestral birth record which states that the person was in the Americas at the time of the birth of his one daughter, but he ended up being in Argentina in South America and not in the U.S. Sometimes a passenger list, U.S. census record, a city directory, or some other record will confirm where he was at the time.

Erudita

Return to “Italian Genealogy”