searching for De Lorenzo from Vodo di Cadore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debbiezd

searching for De Lorenzo from Vodo di Cadore

Post by debbiezd »

Searching for De Lorenzo's, Zardus's and Del Favero's from Vodo di Cadore and Vodo Pieve. Have run out of clues on Ancestry.com Now I have found this site and want to find to grow our tree.

Pietro (b. 1838) and Giacoma (or Jachara) (b.1848) DeLorenzo married in Vodo di Cadore in 1869. They emmigrated from Vodo di Cadore in 1904 to NY through Ellis Island with son Humbert (b.1888) and met their son Lino (b.1882) who was already in NY.

Humbert came to be known as Albert and Lino came to be known as Richard when they lived in Hoboken, NJ. That is where Albert married Sara (Caesera) Zardus.

Sara (Caesera) (b.1888) was born in the US right after her parents emmigrated from Pieve di Cadore. Caesera's parents were Erminio Zardus (b.1863) and Lorenza Del Favero (b. 1865). They were married in 1885 in Pieve di Cadore. Their first son was Berto (b.1885). Erminio's father was Vincenzo Zardus (b.1831). Lorenza Del Favero was born in Pieve de Cadore. The Zardus's emmigrated in 1886. Vincenzo followed in 1899.

A relative named Elvira DeLorenzo (b.1873) was also from Vodo di Cardore. Her parents were Angelo (b.1852) and Lucia (b.1851) DeLorenzo. Elvira married Italo Marchiony (Marchioni).(b,1868) Italo and Elvira ended up in Hoboken also where he invented the Ice Cream Cone and had a factory making ice cream cones, cookie and candies. Albert and Richard DeLorenzo worked for Italo at his factory.

Does anyone have any family information that may tie into our family?

Debbie & Dennis DeLorenzo
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: searching for De Lorenzo from Vodo di Cadore

Post by adelfio »

Looks like they had a brother
Birth record of Giuseppe Felice De Lorenzo
INDEX#17
1874 March 18th in the town of Vodo Cadore birth of Giuseppe Felice De Lorenzo son of Pietro Gaspare De Lorenzo age 36 (SON OF FELICE DE LORENZO) and Giacoma De Lorenzo (DAUGHTER OF OSVALDO DE LORENZO) delivered by Anna Maria Sala age 60 midwife

CLICK ON IMAGE KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Osvaldo De Lorenzo
INDEX#2
1888 Jan 20th in the town of Vodo Cadore death of Osvaldo De Lorenzo age 67 farmer (abt 1821) son of deceased Antonio De Lorenzo and Margherita Del Favero married to Maria Marchioni daughter of Francesco Marchioni

CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
debbiezd

Post by debbiezd »

Marty - please let me know if you receive my message from today May 14th. My granddaughter pushed some keys and the message disappeared and the "Bumped" message appeared. I don't even know what bumped means.
Debbie
debbiezd

Post by debbiezd »

Marty - please tell me how and where you found the book entries about our family. We went to Vodo di Cadore last month and were shown books that had lists organized on lines with columns but we did not see anything like that in person. We are going to visit some people from Vinigo who speak and read Italian. Wish I could have them translate some printouts like what you found.
Debbie De Lorenzo
debbiezd@gmail.com
JanetDeLorenzoGesner

Post by JanetDeLorenzoGesner »

My grandfather, Feliciano Giovanni DeLorenzo (1875 - 1956) was supposedly born in Borca di Cadore, Italy, the same area as Vodo di Cadore. Years ago, we visited the house where he was born and DeLorenzo cousins still live in it. He (Felix) came to America and lived in Bloomfield, Essex County, NJ. His father, Erminio DeLorenzo, married Maddalena Giacin on Dec 8, 1874 in Vodo Di Cadore. Erminio's parents are Felice and Giovanna Gregori DeLorenzo. Have any males done DNA (familytreedna.com is the only one to use)? I am willing to exchange information! I can be contacted directly through my email: mgesner@yahoo.com

Janet DeLorenzo Gesner