Older family members

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Older family members

Postby SCarbonII » 15 Mar 2014, 15:34

I have run into a little wall looking for more members of my family tree. I have found a few hits that my be my 6x great grandfather, but I do not know if any of them are him. Here is what I know about him Domenico Carbone he was born in about 1740. I do not know who his wife was. He had 3 children: Pasquale Carbone born abt 1753, Giovanni Carbone born about 1762 (in Albano di Lucanio, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy?), Francesco Carbone born 4 May 1760 in Riardo, Caserta Italy. The last one is the one I know for sure, he is my great grandfather, and how I know of Domenico. Can anyone help me find more information about him, so I can add it to the family tree?

Thank you for your help
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Older family members

Postby nuccia » 17 Mar 2014, 18:26

I think at this point you may need to access Church records or even the Catasti if available to you for your Domenico. The Catasti would be costly but can be purchased BUT you would need to be absolutely certain you know the town of birth and that the record was taken AFTER his birth.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby SCarbonII » 06 Jul 2014, 21:47

Thank you. For that information. That is my problem. I do not know when or where he was born. I will keep this in mind for when I do get that information.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adelfio » 06 Jul 2014, 22:05

Once you get this far back it is a crapshoot unless you hire a researcher or get lucky finding the right church registry. Do you have the baptism record of Francesco Carbone born 4 May 1760 in Riardo, Caserta Italy? If not where did you get that information?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy