Taglialavore in Cianciana, Agrigento, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Taglialavore in Cianciana, Agrigento, Sicily

Post by mcvega »

I am looking for a birth record for Giovanni Taglialavore who was born about 1767. He eventually married Onofria Pendino.

ThankYou
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Taglialavore in Cianciana, Agrigento, Sicily

Post by adelfio »

You would have to get his baptism record the earlier vital records in Italy were kept by the churches. The civil government started keeping vital records, which started about 1809 to 1820 Before that, church records were kept but contain less information then civil records.
So you would have to find the name of the parish church

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

After looking back on some your records of Taglialavore in Cianciana they lived on via Cappadona, The closest church is Parrocchia Madrice you could try there for the baptism record by mail

Parrocchia Madrice
Corso Vittorio Emanuele
92012 Cianciana (AG)
Italy

Oggetto: risposta da Parrocchia Madrice al battesimo di Giovanni Taglialavore a nato Cianciana, Agrigento

Egregi Reverendo Padre,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Cianciana.
Vi chiedo di spedirmi l’delle fotocopie dell’atto di battesimo o di l’estratto completo dell’atto di battesimo di queste persone:
Nome e cognome:Giovanni Taglialavore
Data di nascita: 1765-1773
Luogo di nascita: Cianciana
Nome e cognome della moglie:Onofria Pendino
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

Thank you Marty,
I am returning to Sicily in May so this is very helpful. I will print out the letter and hand it to them. This will make my search for the church soooo much easier. When I was there in October I didn't even know where to start. Thank you Again, I love this site.