Think surname was Vitale, changed to Vitley in America

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
genar73

Re: Think surname was Vitale, changed to Vitley in America

Post by genar73 »

On Familysearch.org I wasn't able to find anyone with the exact name as Angela's parents, but I did find:
Angelo Giuseppe Monsueto
1829-Deceased
L4Q4-DMY
Caterina Pelosi
1829-Deceased
L4Q4-DWZ....................Any chance that these two individuals could actually be them? The names are very similar. Also it lists a child but only an:
Angelo Giuseppe Monsueto (male)
1849-Deceased
L4Q4-8XZ
genar73

Post by genar73 »

Hello,.. I was able to find this information through another website, however the DOB is 1829, which would be too early for Angela/Angelina Monsu's parents. The middle name matches her dad as well as the last name is very similar. The same for the mom's name. What's the chance do you think that they are her parents and the birth year is incorrect?

Angelo Giuseppe Monsueto
1829-Deceased
L4Q4-DMY
Caterina Pelosi
1829-Deceased
L4Q4-DWZ
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Giuseppe Monsu' and Caterina Palazzolo were both alive in 1888 at the time of there daughter wedding according to the marriage act

Giuseppe Monsu death record
PG#110
1907 Aug 12th in the town of Cinisi death of Giuseppe Monsu age 81 (born abt 1826) son of Benedetto and Francesca Monsu husband of Caterina Palazzolo
CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE 5TH DOWN RIGHT SIDE
record-image (300).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Giuseppe Monsu and Caterina Palazzolo
1853 July 25th in the town of Cinisi church of Santa Fara Vergine marriage of Giuseppe Monsu son of
Benedetto Monsu and deceased Francesca Salamone (Monsu) married to Caterina Palazzolo daughter of Vito Palazzolo and Angela Misuraca
CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE TOP LEFT
record-image (302).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Benedetto Monsu and Francesca Salamone
1812 Nov 8th in the town of Cinisi church of Santa Fara Vergine marriage of Benedetto Monsu son of Antonio Monsu and Maddalena Jacona married to Francesca Salamone daughter of Vito Salamone and Aloysia (no last name given)
CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE BOTTOM LEFT
record-image (306).jpg
Marty

Marty
genar73

Post by genar73 »

Marty,

I can't even explain how much I appreciate your help. I have no idea how I would have found any of this information. Thank you so much. Gena
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Gena you are very welcome

Marty

Marty
ty79978
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ty79978 »

it's been years since I've logged onto this site. - Today's my first day back, I'll be spending the summer working again on my family tree and those brick walls we all run into.

Was anyone able to locate the marriage certificate of Giuseppa Vitale and Natale Palazzolo from 1915 (from the posts above?)

I believe there is a connection to my family here. It's a stretch, but, depending on the parents listed on the marriage certificate, it's possible.. just needs confirmation.

i.e. Natale Palazzolo in my tree, B: 1890, is the brother to Girolamo Palazzolo B: 1875 D:1942, in Astoria, Queens. Girolamo immigrated with his wife and children to New York in the 1920s and it appears a brother Natale Palazzolo, followed as well.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... f=G9YB-H4J

I'm not entirely sure how many siblings Girolamo had, & . I've always thought that this Natale B: 1890, couldn't possibly be a sibling for Girolamo Palazzolo since their mother Maria Badalamenti's Christening was on April 30, 1824.
This would've made her roughly 66 when giving birth to Natale in 1890, and 54 when giving birth to Girolamo in 1875. (It almost feels like there's a generation missing in between Girolamo Palazzolo and the mother? Thoughts on this anyone?

But, that Natale in the immigration record above, is going to the same address where Girolamo, my 3rd great grandfather lived in the 1920s

Feel free to send me a message, or email me, if someone finds a connection. (I've never gotten notifications from my previous posts which were let unreplied by me - whoops. Time to go apologize for that) or email me at ty79978@gmail.com