PIRRONE family of Palermo...one more time!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

PIRRONE family of Palermo...one more time!

Postby peeputsa » 12 May 2005, 05:07

Many thanks to all who offered help and guidance to my original post. Here is updated information on PIRRONE family that I am seeking. The key person is: Clelia Pirrone, born in Palermo (still not sure if it is the town or the province) to Francesco Pirrone and Maria Amato on 4 May 1889. Arrived Ellis Island 9 November 1909 and settled in Apollo, PA (near Pittsburgh). Married Antonio Fiorenza about 1912. Issue: Rose, Mary, Emelia, Margaret, Sophie, Lena, all born USA. Reportedly Clelia came from a large family. I would like to know who they were and obtain any/all Italian documents possible that relate to them. A dream would be to discover the parents of Clelia's parents. Thanks again to all who have read this far.
peeputsa

Re: PIRRONE family of Palermo...one more time!

Postby mfjp » 12 May 2005, 07:22

Hi Peeputsa??

2 of one of the best forum members provided you information and asked you questions which you never replied to on your other post... I know they follow up on all replies and donate valuable time.

For those wishing to follow up on this...

Here's Clelia Pirrone's manifest

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0471%2ETIF

First Name: Clelia
Last Name: Pirrone
Ethnicity: Italy Italian So
Last Place of Residence: Palermo, Palermo
Date of Arrival: November 09, 1909
Age at Arrival:  19y    Gender:  F    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Ultonia
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0006

Good luck with your research.

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Postby wldspirit » 12 May 2005, 07:42

In order to locate the exact town of origin, I would suggest obtaining all Usa records pertaining to your family. Naturalization records, birth, marriage, death certificates, even church records. Many people are unaware that the local parish also has records related to the family.
Check the obituaries on the family members in question, many times these list key info as the information is provided by a family member.
You can even request a copy of the social security application, which may or may not pan out.......
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby VaDeb » 12 May 2005, 07:51

The manifest says she was born in the city of Palermo, in the province of Palermo (which is in the region of Sicily in the country of Italy).

There are civil registration records available from 1820-1908 for the town of Palermo. Since you know her date of birth, order the roll of microfilm and see if she was born in Palermo. It will only cost about $4.00 and if the correct information was given on the manifest you will have a birth record.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Also, Wildspirit gave you some great advice. Those documents will help round out your family history. You might be surprised at what you find. Sometimes we are too quick to try and jump to research in Italy. We can miss important clues and details that result in a waste of research time and dollars.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby wldspirit » 12 May 2005, 08:06

Here is a website with online lessons for genealogy research, and tips for immigrant research.........hope this helps........

wldspirit

http://www.graonline.com/cgi-bin/gra/do ... gratrailer
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby peeputsa » 12 May 2005, 19:27

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I will follow up on each and every one. Sorry, thought I replied to each person who originally responded. Chalk it up to a new person trying to learn the system. Thanks again.
peeputsa

Postby adalgisa » 17 Feb 2014, 00:20

I I HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF CLELIA PIRRONE. SHE WAS MY AUNT CLELIA., MY FATHERS' SISTER. SHE LIVED IN NEW KENSINGTON PENNSYLVANIA WITH HER HUSBAND TONY AND THEIR CHILDREN. tHE NAMES YOU GIVEN WERE HER CHILDREN..... ARE YOU A RELATIVE? PLEASE CONTACT ME.
adalgisa

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy