Looking for Zampetti family from Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
typilgy

Looking for Zampetti family from Naples

Postby typilgy » 03 Apr 2014, 07:03

Hi all,

I've hit a dead end and am really struggling to find more information. I'm looking for the birthplace of my grandmother. Her naturalization paperwork states that she is from Naples, but the commune of Naples was unable to locate her records. I was able to trace her marriage which occurred in Pompeii on January 12, 1946.

Her are her stats that I know:

Date of birth: September 24th, 1910 (all her other paperwork including USICS paperwork)
Date of leaving Italy: 1947 on the Thomas H Barry ship
Parents: Adolfo Zampetti and Anna Spinello (indicated on marriage certificate)

Any help would be truly appreciated!

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Zampetti family from Naples

Postby adelfio » 03 Apr 2014, 15:49

Welcome to IG website
Her marriage act should show her birth town on the record can you post it?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

typilgy

Postby typilgy » 03 Apr 2014, 19:23

Sure! Here is the marriage cert. and the reply from Naples of no record found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 03 Apr 2014, 20:55

no doubt that Maria was born in Napoli...
for the marriage she provided at Pompei clerk her birth act ..
and it must be in "Allegati" (attachments) at marriage registry...

maybe the marriage was registered also in Napoli civil records.. that is the normal procedure ...

I advice you of to send a copy of marriage act in Napoli civil records office.. so the Napoli clerk can search better....
maybe the Maria birth date that you have is no right to 100/%... to send the marriage certificate and to ask the birth certificate of Maria born around 1910, and no just 1910.. maybe she was more old....
if you provided , in your previous request, the Maria exact birth date, the Napoli clerk search just in this date.. and no found... instead if the clerk search in the births around 1910(1909-1908-1911 or so) maybe he find it...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

typilgy

Postby typilgy » 20 Apr 2014, 02:33

Hi all,

Contacted the Naples commune again and they replied with no record found. Any other ideas of what to do?

Is there a list of communes in Naples with their addresses? I may just send a request letter to all surrounding communes.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 20 Apr 2014, 11:39

It is strange.... Maria declared that she was born in Naples...
Naples replied to you "no birth record"..
maybe Maria was inaccurate about the her birthplace, meaning no Naples town but some commune in the area... and what it is strange that the marriage was performed in Pompei and the Pompei civil records official had to have all documents for to marry a groom and a bride...
I know that was some dispensation for to marry in war time...

and because the war was just ended from some month, maybe the groom and bride benefited of some dispensation for war's marriage as a well abt the marriage between a italian woman and a foreign man... if so, they were exempted from to provide the documents (required for to marry) but by promising to deliver them as soon .. as possible..
In this case if Maria given wrong info abt the birthplace, the vital records official could not check the veracity of her birthplace....

That is the only explanation possible....

However the problem remain.. we know not where she was born...
Regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

typilgy

Postby typilgy » 14 May 2014, 05:14

Just got another letter back from Naples that they were unable to find her BC. I'm at a loss now :(

I was able to email Pompeii to ask them if they had any attachments connected to the Wedding Certificate and they promptly emailed back and said they didn't and I need to contact Naples since that is where she is born, but Naples cannot find anything.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 15 May 2014, 18:02

I am sorry but I have no further ideas where to search... or the her birth date is wrong or she was no born in Naples...
it was a marriage just at war end ...and it was no necessary to provide the birth certificate and all other documents as a well to wait for marriage bans...
the marriage procedure was more simple.. so: or Maria provided false birthdate or just false birthyear.. or she was no born in Naples....
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”