Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!

Postby ginaruiz1998 » 04 Apr 2014, 15:56

Good morning, everyone. I have a question on what I should do next to find two Atto di Morte's for my GGGGrandparents. This is what I know...

My GGGGrandfather was born in 1843....I have the Atto di Nascita...and married wife #1 in 1869...I have found the Allegati on familysearch.org. For the first marriage...his father is deceased. So, I know he passed sometime between 1843-1869. I searched the indexes on the "Antenati" site with no luck. Upon the passing of his first wife, he remarried in 1900. I have the Atto di Matrimonio...and on that document both parents are listed as deceased. Thus his mother passed between 1869-1900. Those registries are all on familysearch.org as well....I searched those indexes and again, found nothing. I have not found the Allegati for the second marriage yet....I started scrolling through (2500 pages!) but nothing as of yet. On the Atto di Matrimonio from 1900 it states that both parents were "residente in vita in Novara di Sicilia".....please tell me that that doesn't mean that they died in another Comune! I am aware of that possibility...but I need advice on how I should proceed on this! Any thoughts/ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated! Also...I won't post the links unless needed! :)

Grazie,
Gina
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!

Postby liviomoreno » 04 Apr 2014, 16:46

ginaruiz1998 wrote:Good morning, everyone. I have a question on what I should do next to find two Atto di Morte's for my GGGGrandparents. This is what I know...

My GGGGrandfather was born in 1843....I have the Atto di Nascita...and married wife #1 in 1869...I have found the Allegati on familysearch.org. For the first marriage...his father is deceased. So, I know he passed sometime between 1843-1869. I searched the indexes on the "Antenati" site with no luck. Upon the passing of his first wife, he remarried in 1900. I have the Atto di Matrimonio...and on that document both parents are listed as deceased. Thus his mother passed between 1869-1900. Those registries are all on familysearch.org as well....I searched those indexes and again, found nothing. I have not found the Allegati for the second marriage yet....I started scrolling through (2500 pages!) but nothing as of yet. On the Atto di Matrimonio from 1900 it states that both parents were "residente in vita in Novara di Sicilia".....please tell me that that doesn't mean that they died in another Comune! I am aware of that possibility...but I need advice on how I should proceed on this! Any thoughts/ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated! Also...I won't post the links unless needed! :)

Grazie,
Gina

This means that they were dead at the time of the marriage (1900) and that they resided in Novara di Sicilia when they where alive.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!

Postby ginaruiz1998 » 04 Apr 2014, 16:57

Thank you, Livio. I also started looking for other children they may have had..and I found a death record for another child in 1859 that listed the father as still living...so that narrows down the years to 1859-1869. Moving in the right direction at least! :)
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy