Cattani Family of Mozzano Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
shirl

Cattani Family of Mozzano Lucca

Post by shirl »

My ancestor Antonio Cattani of Stefano, Mozzanno Lucca was born in 1838, and emigrated to Alexandria, Egypt. I have been trying to find out about his family in Italy, parents and siblings, but it is proving very difficult. His ancestors are gathering later this year for a family reunion in Tuscany, and I would love to have some information before we arrive if possible.
Any clues would be gratefully received!
Thank you
Shirley
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Cattani Family of Mozzano Lucca

Post by erudita74 »

These are links to online records for the town. The first link is for records from 1807 to 1814. The second link is for records from 1866. There are no microfilmed or online records for the year 1838. Do you know the mother's name? If so, you may have success finding death records which will give you the parents' names. Records from 1851 in the last link
Erudita

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... a+Mozzano/

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043811

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... +di+Lucca/
shirl

Post by shirl »

thank you for this. I have been given this before and have spent some time going through the quite difficult to read lists! I could not find Cattanis, and I only have Antonio's name. I will try and have another go.
Do you have any idea if the Stefano is a parish, or church district?
thank you again
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How did get the info he was born in Borgo di Mozzano? The name Cattani is popular in the town of Lucca and Carrara, Massa-Carrara
Any kids names?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
shirl

Post by shirl »

hello Marty, I have a birth statement from the Stato Civile of my grandmother's birth in Alexandria Egypt, and on it is the name of her father Antonio of Stefano, Mozzano-Lucca born 22 January 1838 and her mother Itala Massari of Parma. I cannot find any names of parents or siblings and dont know if he moved alone to Alex, or with his family.
I know the names of my grandmother's siblings, and it is the cousins of those siblings who are meeting up later this year, from all parts of the world. We will go to the town, but there is never any time to do much research, so I am hoping I can find some details before we go.
thank you for your interest
shirl

Post by shirl »

As I am going over everything I have again, I think the M is actually an N, and it is Nozzano Lucca! I am so hoping this is the breakthrough I have been trying so hard to find.
So, Cattani Antonio di Stefano di Nozzano, frazione (?sp) di Lucca is my ancestor.
At least I won't be leading this family reunion to the wrong place later in the year!!
I wait hoping .....