Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Postby dranalli » 19 May 2014, 02:49

Hello all,

I need some help taking my husband's family tree farther back. His great-grandfather's name is Luigi Ranalli, born in or around Teramo, Italy. His wife was Antonia/Antoinetta (unsure of spelling) di Emanuele. According to my father-in-law Antonia was from a royal family and her father appointed Mussolini. Now I'm not sure if that's true, but I'm having trouble connecting her to anyone. Same with Luigi...I cannot seem to find any records of parents or siblings. I would really love to take both of these branches of the family tree as far back as possible, so any help or guidance would be fantastic!

I don't have years of birth or death for either of them. I'd say, based on the birth years of their children, they were both probably born in the early 1900s (circa 1910 maybe) and my father-in-law thinks Luigi died around 1970. Luigi and Antonia sent their children to Canada after their first son, Alfredo, disappeared in WWII and they followed afterwards. I think they emigrated around 1950-1960, but I'm unsure on specifics. I have the names of all of their children if that will help, but that's all the information I have on Luigi and Antonia.

I look forward to any help anyone can offer. Thanks!
Danielle (Giguere) Ranalli

Re: Ranalli

Postby pink67 » 19 May 2014, 11:04

Hi Danielle,

just in the case that you don't have them, these are the death dates for Alfredo Ranalli, Luigi's son. He was born in Teramo town:

Ranalli Alfredo Milite G.N.R.
di Luigi, n. a Teramo il 07/05/1925
Death date: 17/04/1944
Death place: Buda di Medicina BO

17 aprile 1944
A Buda (Medicina) è ucciso il milite della Guardia Nazionale Repubblicana Alfredo Ranalli. [Albo]

http://certosa.cineca.it/montesole/cron ... prile&al=1

Return to “Italian Genealogy”