Roadblock- fresh ideas needed please

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Roadblock- fresh ideas needed please

Postby scraig32 » 27 May 2014, 21:28

Hello All! I have hit a wall in my family research and am in need of any new ideas or suggestions on how to proceed. This is what I know:

40 year old Michel Sarnese (born February 9, 1818) married 37 year old Maria Sassani in Riccia, Italy. They had a son named Francesco Sarnese on October 7, 1859.

I am trying to trace the Sassani side of my family back but can't get past Maria Sassani above. I have found a birth certificate for a Maria Carolina Sassani (a triplet) but can't be sure it is my Maria bc I don't know her parents' names. So I have been trying to find the marriage certificate of Michele Sarnese and Maria Sassani hoping that would give me her parent's names and then I would be able to confirm or deny the birth certificate that I have found for her. My problem is that I have been searching page by page through all of the Riccia marriage documents from 1833 to 1859 and I just can't find them anywhere! I am at a loss and don't know how else to find out the names of Maria's parents.

Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you so much for your time and your expertise.

Suzanne

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Roadblock- fresh ideas needed please

Postby adelfio » 28 May 2014, 00:01

Heres your marriage act of Michele Sarnese and Maria Rosa Sassani I used the indexes
INDEX#33
1844 Oct 9th
PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 28 May 2014, 00:08

INDEX#33
1844 Oct 9th in the town of Riccia marriage of Michele Sarnese age 26 born in Riccia son of deceased Francesco Sarnese and Maria Sartone married Maria Rosa Sassani age 25 born in Riccia daughter of deceased Antonio Sassani and deceased Lucia Girando
PG LINK

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby scraig32 » 28 May 2014, 00:13

Oh my Marty! I promise I have looked through these pages a million times. I can not tell you THANK YOU enough!!!!! And thank you for translating as well. You really are a master at this. THANK YOU!!!!! Suzanne

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 28 May 2014, 02:39

Glad to help in your quest!!Get you back a little further

Couple of death records of Maria Sassani parents
Death record 1838 June 9th in Riccia of Antonio Sassani age 50(1788)born in Riccia son of deceased Stefano Sassani and Incoronata Sassani
PG LINK

Death record of Lucia Girardi(RIGHT SPELLING) 1843 Dec 9th in Riccia age 60 (1783) born in Riccia daughter of deceased Francesco Girardi and Savoia Manocchio widow of Antonio Sassani
PG LINK

Marty

Marty

scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby scraig32 » 28 May 2014, 03:30

Wow! This is just amazing! You are amazing! I am totally addicted to family history. I am fairly new to it so I greatly appreciate your help!!!!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”