Seeking MARY SAVASTA of Brooklyn, 1952

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Theresa_Christie

Seeking MARY SAVASTA of Brooklyn, 1952

Postby Theresa_Christie » 27 May 2005, 00:51

Mary Savasta lived on Patchen Avenue in Brooklyn in 1952. She worked at a school, also in Brooklyn. She gave birth to a daughter in January of 1952, and gave her up for adoption. I am that daughter's Search Angel.

We have located the father's side of the family - the Licaris - but now seek any Savastas who may be related to this individual.

No strings attached - she just wants to know her heritage and history. If you are her mother or another relative and you want contact, that would be wonderful. If you don't want contact, that is fine... but please be kind enough to supply us with some information regarding her background, and medical history.

Thank you for your help.

Theresa J. Christie
tchristie@whiteandcirrito.com

Theresa_Christie

Re: Seeking MARY SAVASTA of Brooklyn, 1952

Postby Theresa_Christie » 11 Oct 2006, 00:07

:lol:

FOUND! The Savasta family has been FOUND!

Although Mary passed away in 2000, I have been able to connect my best friend with Aunts, Uncles and cousins. Mary's surviving siblings are Rose, Eleanor, Vivian and Sammy. Their parents - Vito and Concheta - died young. My best friend also has a 100%-blood older brother, with whom we have yet to make contact. Cross your fingers for a happy reunion!

Theresa J. Christie

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Seeking MARY SAVASTA of Brooklyn, 1952

Postby wldspirit » 11 Oct 2006, 06:32

Congratulations!!!!!!!

It's always great to see posters do a follow up.....let us know if you need any help in looking for the brother.........
wldspirit

Theresa_Christie

Re: Seeking MARY SAVASTA of Brooklyn, 1952/HAPPY NEW UPDATE!

Postby Theresa_Christie » 28 May 2007, 13:32

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL!

In response to your kind offer of help to locate her brother, he, too, has been found, and they will be meeting for the first time next month, at a family graduation party for their nieces on Long Island.

He has his own issues as he was never told that his name at birth was SALVATORE LICARI, JR. He was raised with a completely different name, with a completely different father, and a completely different ethnicity - IRISH! He only was given his true information by his aunt after the death of his mother, and discovered that this was the reason the Bureau of Vital Records could not provide him with a birth certificate... so he could get married and leave the country on a honeymoon! It came as a complete surprise that he had a 100% biological sister who had been given up for adoption... and that the rest of his sisters and brothers were 50% biologically his siblings.

Parents, PLEASE... don't lie to your children! It only makes things more complicated down the road! If you can't face them with the truth, package it all up and leave it for them upon your death. Don't make them work hard for what they should already know (especially health issues - Kathie's mother had breast cancer)!

I am trying to annex a photo of Kathie and two of her sisters, which I took last summer at their first meeting! (L to R - Joann, Kathie and Mary Ann... who we suspect was named to honor Kathie... that was her birth name... and she was born in the same month - January.) I hope it shows up!!

One of Kathie's Aunts has a photo depicting Kathie's mother AND father. She allowed Kathie to SEE it, but would not let it leave the house to have a copy made. Suggestions, anyone? It is the only known photo of Kathie's father, and the fact that it shows both of her parents is a joy to her.

FYI - my e-mail has changed to:

TJC @ The-Christie-Family.com

Please feel free to write! :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”