Utilizing Allegati Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Utilizing Allegati Records

Postby rp76226 » 31 May 2014, 04:54

Allegati records, per comments I've read in the past, contain very useful information. However, there never seems to be any index or "order" to them. Is that correct or am I missing something? Also, is there a fast, easy way to go from a birth, marriage, or death record for a known relative to a possible, related Allegati record, or do you just have to read every one in hopes that you will find something that pertains to one of your own relatives? When you don't really read Italian, that can be a daunting task and you really can't ask for help until you find something relevant that needs translation.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Utilizing Allegati Records

Postby Italysearcher » 31 May 2014, 10:06

Allegati records are the records attached to a marriage documents and refer to the documents required to get married. Birth records of the bride and groom. death records of any deceased parent and Grandparent (if the parent was deceased. The list is often included on the marriage record. There may also be other records depending on the year pertaining to the bride and groom's celibate state, if the groom did military service etc.
The ones I have seen are grouped together and usually include a cover page with the couples names. Skip through the film looking just at the cover pages until you find the one you want.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Utilizing Allegati Records

Postby erudita74 » 31 May 2014, 12:34

Unfortunately, some towns do not have cover pages separating one couple's allegati records from another's and indicating how many records are in the package. Although records are often grouped according to marriage year, the months and days that the marriages took place are also not always in order. Sometimes records for marriages later in a year even precede those which occurred earlier in a year. Anyway, this has been my experience with these types of records.
Erudita

Return to “Italian Genealogy”