SURNAME IN MESSINA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

SURNAME IN MESSINA

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 11 Jun 2014, 02:42

I'VE BEEN RESEARCHING MY PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER,MARIA COSTANTE,(BORN IGNOTI GENITORI IN BARCELLONA PG IN 1883),AND HER ELUSIVE FAMILY LINES FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS.IN ALL THAT TIME I'VE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND HER BIRTH PARENTS.THE BEST I'VE BEEN ABLE TO DO IS TRY TO PUT TOGETHER HER ADOPTIVE/SURROGATE FAMILY. HER WETNURSE,MARIA BONARRIGO-B.GUALTIERI SICAMINO IN 1847-BECAME HER VIRTUAL MOTHER.MARIA WAS THE WIFE OF FRANCESCO LANDINO-B.PALERMO IN 1851.STILL CAN'T FIND A MARRIAGE RECORD FOR THEM,NOR A DEATH RECORD FOR FRANCESCO LANDINO.MARIA BONARRIGO DIED IN BOSTON IN 1902.FOUND A BIRTH RECORD IN PALERMO FOR FRANCESCO LANDINO-AND SOME INFORMATION FOR HIS PARENTS,SALVATORE AND ROSALIA MANCUSO.FOUND A BIRTH RECORD IN GUALTIERI SICAMINO FOR MARIA BONARRIGO-BUT VIRTUALLY NOTHING FOR HER PARENTS-DOMENICO AND MATTIA PULEIO.I FOUND A MARRIAGE FOR A DOMENICO BONARRIGO(B.TRESILOCO REGGIO CALABRIA)AND A MATTIA RIGULO(B.SAN FILIPPO MESSINA) IN SANTA LUCIA IN 1845.SINCE I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE TO THESE NAMES IN ANY MARRIAGE RECORDS ANYWHERE IN MESSINA,I FEEL THESE COULD BE THE CORRECT SUBJECTS.BUT THE RIGULO SURNAME IS A NON EXISTENT NAME.IT SHOWS UP NOWHERE IN ANY PART OF SICILY,NOR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.ITS POSSIBLY EITHER A"MADE UP"NAME OR A MISSPELLING OF ANOTHER SIMILIAR ONE.BUT I'VE TRIED ALL THE COMBINATIONS,AND NOTHING MAKES SENSE.ALSO,9 MONTHS AFTER THE 1845 MARRIAGE,AT THE BIRTH OF A SON,FRANCESCO,IN GUALTIERI,MATTIA IS NOTED AS MATTIA BONARRIGO,NOT RIGULO.I'M TRYING,THROUGH CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE,TO DECIDE IF MATTIA RIGULO COULD ACTUALLY BE MATTIA PULEIO.IS THERE ANY TIE-IN BETWEEN RIGULO AND PULEIO?THIS IS AN EXTREMELY COMPLICATED RESEARCH-NOTHING LIKE MOST OF THE OTHERS I SEE HERE.ANY INPUT OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MOST WELCOME.MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM
mezzogiorno62
Veteran
Veteran

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy