D'astro Passenger Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

D'astro Passenger Records

Post by marymary52 »

I am trying to find the passenger record for Giovanna D'Astro. I can see Maria D'astro who was her sister. Giovanna D'astro Married Giuseppe Ruggier in 1905 ctf# 6090 in Kings NY They are my Great aunt and Great uncle. They moved to Mercer County New Jersey where I use to visit my uncle (Giuseppe's son)
I am having problems locating Giovanna D'Astro passenger records. I tried different spellings with no luck. Margaret
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Re: D'astro Passenger Records

Post by marymary52 »

I found this but it showing a Male not a female everything else seems to be correct.
PASSENGER GIOVANNE D'ASTRO

Arrived aboard the Lombardia on October 4, 1901
Batch Number: P00280-7
Packet Number:
Record Number:
Page Ref. Number: 211
Page Line Number: 0030
First Name: Giovanne
Last Name: D'Astro
Age at Arrival: 28y
Gender Code: M
Marital Status: S
U. S. Citizen? No
Ship Crew? No
Nationality: Italy, Italian
Place of Residence: S.Marghenta
Standardized Place of Residence:
Ship Name: Lombardia
Standardized Ship Name: Lombardia
Ship Arrival Date: 4 Oct 1901
Ship Arrival Port: New York
Departure Port: Napoli
Standardized Departure Port: Naples, Naples, Campania, Italy
ID Number:
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Here's the original record. Scroll down to the very bottom, line number 30 (crossed out and replaced with P91?). On the original record they have definitely written the wrong gender in the gender column but to me it looks like the name on this record is Giovanna and it is telling me that she is going to visit her sister Maria at 98 Union Street. Does that sound right to you? If it does, then "it would seem" that this is the correct document. What you have posted above is just what has been indexed. You always need to look at the original document. I'll leave it to you now to examine it :)

Well done, keep going with it :)

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0030

Angela
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

Wow, found this record many months ago but when I went looking last night I couldn't find it . I had x for Female so I guess it wash' t coming up. On this page line 26 it also shows Giacomo Maisano going to see family? little faded print ... 98 union st I think ? . This would be her sister's husband. Maybe he went back to Italy to help on her trip to America?.
Can you see what kink of work he did? It's very hard to read, Thank you, Margaret
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

marymary52 wrote:Wow, found this record many months ago but when I went looking last night I couldn't find it . I had x for Female so I guess it wash' t coming up. On this page line 26 it also shows Giacomo Maisano going to see family? little faded print ... 98 union st I think ? . This would be her sister's husband. Maybe he went back to Italy to help on her trip to America?.
Can you see what kink of work he did? It's very hard to read, Thank you, Margaret
Giacomo's occupation looks like "porter"
Giovanna's destination is "Sister - Maria, at 98 Union St. [Brooklyn}

T.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

hank You