Agata (DelBonis) Fantozzi and the DelBonis surname in RI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Agata (DelBonis) Fantozzi and the DelBonis surname in RI

Postby Amansolillo » 14 Jun 2014, 02:12

I am looking for information on Agata DelBonis. She was married to Aniceto Fantozzi and resided in Rhode Island. I am looking for a connection between her and my great-grandmother Elisabetta DelBonis, whose family came from Itri. It is to my understanding that the DelBonis surname does not exist in Italy (or at least in Itri), as it is de Bonis in Italy. My guess is that de Bonis became DelBonis in America. Since most if not all DelBonises in Rhode Island are descended from Elisabetta's siblings (Biaggio, Francesco Paolo, Antonio, Carlo and Pasquale DelBonis), my theory is that other DelBonises such as Agata may be their cousin, as she shares the changed last name. I would appreciate any connection to be found between Agata and my great-grandmother's family.
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Agata (DelBonis) Fantozzi and the DelBonis surname in RI

Postby Amansolillo » 20 Jun 2014, 06:10

Bump
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

carubia
Master
Master

Postby carubia » 20 Jun 2014, 06:19

Can you give us any idea as to approximately what year any of these people were born?

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 20 Jun 2014, 23:39

Agata was born in 1876. Elisabetta was born in 1886.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 20 Jun 2014, 23:53

Is this your Biaggio?

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 21 Jun 2014, 00:06

If that is your ancestor, using the information on that card you can order a copy of his naturalization documents for as little as $7.00 from the National Archives. His documents *should* clearly indicate the name under which he entered the United States in June, 1907.

I have posted information before about obtaining naturalization documents; please refer to this recent thread http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... logy/31356
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 21 Jun 2014, 10:05

I believe this is a passenger manifest for your Agata De Bonis and two children, Zelinda Fantozzi aged 5 and Americo Fantozzi aged 2 in May, 1905. Although they did not actually travel on this ship (they are lined out), the data should still be valid. They came from Guarcino which is about 60 miles north of Itri and were to join her husband/their father Aniceto (?) Fantozzi in Providence. If these are the correct people, they may have been related to your other De Bonis ancestors, but you will have to go back to the Italian records to trace that possibility.

Lines 22, 23 and 24:

(click once to view; click again to zoom)
Carmine

Return to “Italian Genealogy”